𝟢𝟣𝟩. waltz lessons

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄, 𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘙 𝘊𝘈𝘛𝘊𝘏
𝟢𝟣𝟩.   waltz lessons

TATE STOOD IN THE CENTER of the ballroom inside the country club the next morning. She was here, along with the rest of the debutantes and their escorts, for Ms. Covingtons dance class, but unfortunately her dance partner was nowhere to be seen.

Tate hadn't figured it out like she told Adrian she would. She hadn't asked anyone, despite her heart aching to. She wanted to ask Conrad. Every bone in her body wanted to ask Conrad, but they'd only just kissed, and they still had a lot to figure out between them before they jumped into anything.

Tate clicked her phone on and off, hoping for Adrian to text her and say he's on his way, but the class was about to start in a couple minutes and she hadn't heard from him. Not a single peep.

"Come on, Adrian," she murmurs to herself when Paige and Ms. Covington walked in.

"Attention, everyone." Tate lifts her head to look at Paige as she welcomes Ms. Covington. "Please welcome our debutante waltz instructor, Ms. Covington, all the way from Ms. Covington's school of Ballroom Dance in Newton."

Everyone applauds. "Thank you, Paige. As you all know, the waltz is the most highly anticipated part of the ball. So, please join your partners now..."

Awkwardly, Tate looks around, hoping and praying Adrian pops his head in and saves her from embarrassment, but he's nowhere to be seen. Tate bites her lip and looks back at her phone before seeing Belly, also alone. She walks over toward the girl. "Hey, Bells, where's Cam?"

"Oh, I, uh, never actually got around to asking him."

Tate nods. "Oh."

"Yeah," Belly says awkwardly. "What about your date?"

Tate shakes her head. "I still don't have one. Adrian was supposed to be my dance partner but he's not picking up."

Belly laughs. "He's probably still asleep."

Tate nods. "Yeah, I know. Hey, since we both don't have dates what do you say we, uh, make the most of it, yeah?"

Belly looks at the girl's outstretched hand before nodding and taking it. "Wouldn't want to dance with anyone else."

Tate laughs before the two girls start dancing. They were both extremely uncoordinated, which meant they simply could not get the moves right. Belly stepped on Tate's toe and Tate stepped on Belly's. They were both trying their hardest, but soon, finally, Adrian comes bursting into the ballroom while still struggling to button up his dress shirt.

Tate looks over to see her brother's floppy mop of blonde hair before rolling her eyes. She cringes and stomps over to him, watching as a few girls practically drool over him. Tate slaps his chest as he buttons the last one. "Hey!"