𝟢𝟢𝟦. comfort

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘙 𝘏𝘖𝘜𝘚𝘌
𝟢𝟢𝟦.   comfort

TATE STOOD ALONGSIDE everyone else as Laurel spoke to the police officers that had driven them home. Adrian had made his way back, after earning an SOS text from Jeremiah, and even in Tate's drunken state, she could tell Laurel was beyond pissed. Especially at the condition Conrad and Tate were in.

"Sorry, again, for all the trouble," Laurel finished telling the officers before opening the door for them. "Have a good night, officers." As soon as they were out the door, Laurel turned toward the teenagers. "How could you guys be so irresponsible?"

Tate groaned as she shoved her face into Jeremiah's chest. "Mom, it wasn't a big deal," Steven tried to reason as he stepped froward. "The cops were just looking to break up the bonfire."

"Not a big deal?"

"Yes."

"I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal, Steven," Laurel told her son.

Steven scoffed, "Were— were you guys smoking tonight?"

"What?" asked Laurel. "Keep your voice down, Susannah's asleep on the couch."

"Well, I wasn't yelling," he defended. "You— you—you were."

Jeremiah wrapped an arm around Tate's waist, keeping her upright as she was slowly starting to let her tired state and the alcohol take over. "Just so you know, Laurel, I didn't drinking tonight. I was the DD, I swear."

Laurel shook her head is disbelief as she turend toward Conrad, who was slumped down on the bench. "You're the oldest. What the hell's gotten into you?"

Then, she turned toward Tate, "You too. Tate, you never act out like this."

Then to Adrian, "And where the hell were you?"

Then, she finally turned toward Belly. "And when did you leave the house without telling anybody? And what in the world are you wearing?"

"It's Taylor's," Belly answered as she covered herself with the jacket she was wearing. "And why am I the only one who's not allowed to go out?"

"It's not that you're not allowed, it's that you should have told us you were going," Laurel told her daughter. "How did you even get there?"

"I walked," Belly grumbled.

"Jesus," breathed Laurel. "You know better than to walk that far down the beach alone late at night."

"Can you stop treating me like a kid?" Belly snapped.

Tate simply shoved her face further into Jeremiahs' shirt at the voices. By now, her head had started to pound and she wanted nothing more than to fall curl up in her blankets and sleep it all off.