𝟢𝟥𝟫. washed away

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄, 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌 𝘍𝘖𝘖𝘓
𝟢𝟥𝟫.    washed away

TATE WAS ALMOST TOO DELIRIOUS to realize anything was missing when she got home. She was exhausted after the day and didn't recognize everyone's foul mood when they walked through the house. She was outside arguing with her brother when she heard Jeremiah's loud shout. "What the fuck?"

Adrian and Tate look at each other for a moment before rushing in. Suddenly they wish they hadn't.

Everything was gone.

The rooms were empty. The walls were bare. There was no furniture, no books. Nothing. Nothing was left in the house except for painted walls and distance memories of what was there... who was there.

Everything had been tore out... washed away. And with it, any memory Tate had left to hold onto. Every laugh, every smile, every fight and every tear was gone. It was empty. So was Tate.

There was nothing left in here. Her childhood was washed away. Her family was washed away. Her summers were washed away. Susannah was washed away.

Her and Conrad were washed away.

Everyone's in the main corridor of the house, looking around at the bare walls and empty rooms with sorrow filling their hearts. Tate could feel the tears stinging her eyes and a gut-wrenching feeling in her chest.

She rubbed her eyes, praying it was a hallucination. It wasn't. It was all gone. There was nothing.

When she walked around the house, she still saw it all. The time she spend baking cookies with Belly and the moms in the kitchen. The movie nights on the couch. The diners on the dining room table.

Her and Conrad by the fireplace last December.

Her feet moved on their own accord and she floated up the stairs, feet dragging each step of the way.

It didn't even look like the summer house anymore. At least, not the one she remembered. Not the happy house where everything was good. This couldn't be the house she counted every day to be in. It looked so sad with nothing inside it.

Without Susannah's things inside it.

She ventured through the upstairs hallway, fingers running across the dry wall as she passed every individual bedroom. Steven's. Jeremiah's. Adrian's. Belly's. Conrad's. Susannah's.

Each room was filled with even more memories than the last.

Flashbacks to every point in her life flooded through her mind. The time in the seventh grade when everyone built a fort in Steven's room. The time in the fifth grade when she played cards with Jeremiah until the early hours of the morning. Running through the halls with Adrian hot on her heels after she stole something of his. Decorating Belly's room with her and Susannah during Belly's freshman year. And Conrad's room.