-Eggs-

| November 14th 2022 |

October

"Wait!"

"Wass the score sayin' now?" Cal asked drunkenly, Jack typed on his computer before his eyes widened.

"127, in a few hours, that's pretty good" Jack smirked to himself, also slightly buzzed.

The four of you had been having a blast for the past hour, it was quite late out and not many people walked the streets. Now the group was starting to get bored, and something they always did when they were bored was practice.

Cal was in no place to play however, he was far too drunk, he had probably drank more alcohol in this night alone than the three others had drank in their entire lives.

"Should we...fuckin...do sommin?" Cal asked, sunken into a beanbag.

"What do you suggest?" Jack asked, yawning, he was normally the first to fall asleep whenever you'd hang out.

"Lets go break some shiiiit!" Cal cheered, hoisting his hands in the air.

"I don't think you'd be able to even hold a weapon, let alone cause damage with it" Case retorted, earning a drunken nod from her boyfriend.

"Your hot when you talk all smarty pants..." Cal blurted out before jumping to his feet and stumbling into the kitchen.

A while later, while Jack tried to stop himself from nodding off and Case practiced on the guitar while you hummed the song that accompanied it, Cal came stumbling back in with a bleak expression.

"Guys...and girl...good news or bad news?" Cal asked.

"Uh...bad news?" You asked.

"We're out of eggs...and daddy's feeling an omelette right about now" Cal hummed, Jack wincing at Cal's self nickname.

"And the good news?" You asked, getting a bit tired yourself.

"Somebodies gotta go get some...and it aint gonna be me, to drunk to move" Cal smiled.

"I can go get some" Case elected herself.

"A pretty lady such as yourself going out in the middle of the night, no way, your going and that's that" Cal said as he pointed to you.

"I suppose I could use some fresh air, you got the egg money?" You asked Cal, who had a confused expression.

"Oh oh...yeah I'll pay ya back" Cal 'promises', you sigh and get your jacket on.

It was a cold November night, one perfect for making memories and having laughs, one you didn't particularly want to waste getting eggs, but once Cal's hungry there's no hearing the end of it.

So you walked to your local convenience store, the headphones you wore played demo's from your most recent recording session, you weren't all too happy with your vocal performance so you'd need to record it again, Jack admired you want for perfection, Cal and Case, not so much.

You entered the nearest available store and saw it practically empty, except for a shorter girl your age wearing a black jacket, she was most likely new to the town, it was small in a way anyone could tell. 

The small hum of a generator and faint pop music played as you navigated your way to the eggs, you chose the largest ones you could find and walked to the counter. You saw the girl talking to the cashier, buying a few snacks, most likely for herself.