-Met My Match-

| May 1st 2023 |

October

"...Where's the rest of it?"

"God...damn...this is itchy" You complained scratching up and down your body.

"Small price to pay to look fabulous" A stylist complimented, fixing your collar.

To be honest, this whole Met gala thing was far too confusing for you to understand. Meetings with Gucci, Versace and Ralph Lauren. All companies you were too poor to afford.

Multiple sketches of outfits, ranging from some type of alien thing to a plain boring black suit. After too many emails, you finally settled on one.

It was just for the main bulk of the show, where you'd strut your stuff on the carpet, before changing into wearable clothes for the after party.

You were a last minute addition to the gala, most likely due to the albums release, which was on set to become one of, if not the highest rated album of the year.

You had formed your deal with Channel, and they put forth their idea, and it seemed the best on paper, but on your skin was a whole other thing.

What you were wearing was still sort of a mystery to you, the best way you could describe it was as if you put a cowboy and a motor cycle driver in a meat grinder, then picked out the oddest combination.

You still didn't know where Jenna was, though she had texted you that she was at least in the same building, the costume felt itchy, and you had been making small talk with your stylist.

"I gotta say...big fan..." He complimented. "But...a-and don't be like...mad or anything...but you're not my favourite member..."

"Oh that's okay...who?" You asked, curious, but happy you weren't seen as the sole member.

"Jack...I found his story...inspiring..." He breathed out. "Inspired me to come out to my parents actually..." 

"Oh...I'll be sure to tell him that...I'm sure he'd be thrilled" You smiled at him, knowing that Jack would probably cry happy tears at hearing that.

"You gonna be okay?...I mean...I'm probably gonna see you more today than anyone else...even that girlfriend of yours" He revealed, taking you back a bit.

"Oh well...I'll see her inside I suppose..." You hummed, as your stylist sucked the air through his teeth.

"Eh...probably not" He said.

"Lemme give you a little insider secret...they never sit couples next to each other...established ones anyway...they say its supposed to...'form lasting connections'...bullshit if you ask me" He continued.

"You ask me...I'd say they're gonna pair you with a girl about your age...that'll get the tabloids rolling...Y/N L/N and...I don't know...'Olivia Rodrigo spotted together at Met Gala...is this the end for Jenna?' or some other exploitative BS" He stressed.

"You must know a lot about this sort of stuff" You said, as he finished on your outfit.

"Yeah well...the things I've heard...everyone in Hollywood that's not 'famous famous' is normally infamous..." Your stylist said cryptically.