-By The Wayside-

| January 13th 2023 |

October

"Let's get married"

You hadn't heard from Jenna in a while, sure every time you'd text her, you'd get a response back, but those responses didn't feel like her. You asked her if she wanted to do anything, she said she was busy. You asked her how she was, she said she was fine. You asked her if you had done something wrong, she said you hadn't.

But to be honest, you didn't have time to worry about that at the minute, because your album was about to be released, the work you, Jack, Casey and Calvin had spent countless sleepless nights on would finally pay off today.

The four of you sat in a voice call, you, Cal and Case playing games over the internet while Jack worked on the album, he helped do the producing, and by help, you mean he did all of it. Jack wasn't specifically trained, but he was self taught, and that was more than enough.

"Okay...nearly done, we can probably send it to the publishers today..." Jack said, sounding tired and relieved.

"Yes, come on lets fucking do this!" Cal screamed, no doubt disturbing his neighbours. If any of you were to have permanent hearing damage, it would be because of him.

"We just...need a name for the album" Jack said, by his voice you could tell he was leaning back in his chair.

The group sort of went silent, this whole time many different names were thrown around, but none of them really felt right to any of you, but you had no time to be picky.

You released your last song in early November, it was now mid January, your stardom wasn't promised, so the more songs you got out the better. This was a perfect opportunity to release the songs you wanted, and the songs you actually wrote.

"How about..." Cal said, his thinking noises getting quieter and louder as it became obvious he was just looking around his room for inspiration. "Uh...Blue?" 

"Blue?" Casey asked, as if to say 'That's it?'.

"Yeah yeah...I mean, the album covers blue...and...Y/N wore blue to the Golden Globes, so that's like...a bit of promotion..." Cal tried to explain himself, you sort of liked that idea, it was nice and simple.

"Yeah sure, lets just go with that" You spoke up, as Jack hummed in acceptance.

"Okay...Y/N if I send you the files, can you get them to our manager...he likes you more than me" Jack sighed.

Your manager was a good guy at heart, but he was far too old to put up with Casey or Calvin, and on further speaking, he had told you he found Jack 'Boring'. Leaving you and him to often talk, he even tried setting you up with his granddaughter, but you denied.

"Will do, just send em on over" You said, as you waited for Jack to send over the file. Your phone buzzed not a few seconds later.

 Your phone buzzed not a few seconds later