-Surprise City-

| August 12th 2023 |

October

"That's plenty of reason"

Today marked a relatively significant event in your life, that being your birth. You weren't normally the type of person to go all out, your friends however were.

You slowly drew your eyes open, looking to your side, seeing no one there, which was odd, since Jenna practically lived at your house.

However you could hear a rapid scrunching of paper from the other room, you almost fell out of your bed as you stood up, throwing on clothes just in case someone was breaking in.

You trudged out, half wanting to fall back asleep, but that would be tricky without Jenna, you knew she must of had something important to do, as she was normally incredibly reluctant to leave you.

Ever since May really, your life had just been ramping up more and more, you held a small gig that ended up fully booked in an hour. You signed stuff for fans, got hit on by more.

All this fame was slowly getting more and more intense, especially for Casey and Cal, who were in the midst of planning their own wedding.

And its not that Jenna wasn't working on stuff too, she was working a lot, not as much as on Wednesday, but she'd normally be back late and fall asleep while you were trying to write new music.

That's actually how you remembered last night going, you sitting on the couch, writing a song for your second EP, when Jenna slowly opened the door, mumbled she loved you, then fell asleep in a record breaking 20 seconds.

Of course then you had to carry her to bed, and it didn't take much on her end to convince you to join. She told you she called off work today, it was your birthday after all.

You opened the door and the smell from the kitchen was unlike anything you had ever smelled, and not in the best way.

Sure, some of the smells were good, but then again you swore you could smell everything in the kitchen.

"C'mon...just fucking..." You could hear Jenna mumble.

"Jenna?" You asked walking in.

Jenna saw you and in a split second decided what to say, she did need you out of the kitchen, but surely she couldn't just rudely brush you off, it was your birthday after all.

"Just fuck off for five minutes please!" Jenna yelled, as you stopped, obeying her orders.

Honestly you found it cute, she would always gloat that cooking was easy, but would always deny cooking for the two of you, not that you minded, you were definitely the better cook.

You sat on the end of your bed, waiting for a while, you heard a plastic cup drop and Jenna faintly swear, smiling to yourself again.

Eventually the door opened, and in walked Jenna, with flour over her face, tired as if she'd just ran a mile, wearing a specific set of clothes.

You had pointed the shirt that Jenna was wearing out to her in a store and she initially brushed it off, but after you convinced her to try it on, you told her she looked great in it, that was enough to make her buy it.

In fact, everything slowly started to fall together, all the clothes Jenna wore were among those you had selected when she asked you what she looked best in, the attention to detail was really nice.

She grabbed your hand, eager to show you her cooking prowess, and sat you on the dinning table, she walked halfway to the food before stopping.

"...You alright?" You asked.