-Babysitters-

| October 20th 2023 |

October

"I'll be in the hot tub if you need me..."

With only a few days until Cal's and Casey's wedding, the anticipation and excitement were starting to run high.

Cal had taken a look at the vineyard and found a few small log cabins nearby, which he also rented out and would place you and a few others in.

Jack and Andy got their own one, and the second one was reserved for the bride and groom, that just left you and Jenna in the third.

Speaking of you and Jenna, you two hadn't seen each other for about two weeks, as she had to go back home to California because her family missed her.

It worked out for you as well, since the wedding would be in Oregon, it was only a short 11 hour drive from her to the location.

You and Jenna kept in constant communication, her family loved you but were still sort of upset that you lived so far away.

They were also upset Jenna had hardly visited, so stole her away for a couple of weeks, but it was time for you to pick her up. 

You pulled into her family driveway, hopping out of your car, at the rate you two would leave, you'd be at the lodge around midnight, if you two didn't fall asleep before that.

You knocked on the door and waited, Jenna had informed you that both her parents were home, which could only mean one thing.

The door opened, and you saw Jenna's mother smiling brightly at you, she instantly pulled you in for a hug, she was much stronger than she appeared.

"Oh my gosh...how are you" Jenna's mother smiled.

"Yep...all good" You barely got out, feeling your windpipe slowly get crushed.

"JENNA...YOUR HUSBAND IS HERE!" Jenna's mother yelled, something you found quite amusing.

Honestly, she wanted the two of you to get married more than the both of you did combined, Jenna came walking down the stairs, embarrassed.

"Bye mom" Jenna said, her face slightly red.

"Oh nonsense, come in come in" Jenna's mother pulled you in.

You didn't have much of a choice, and spent the next twenty minutes talking to Jenna's mother, while Jenna found herself embarrassed.

She always got like that when her mother was talking to you, she didn't really know why, maybe it was just a parent thing.

Eventually, Jenna's little sister Aliyah came down, and pulled you away for a moment, apparently, none of her friends cared that her sister was Jenna Ortega, but they did care when she said she knew you personally.

So she got you to take a photo of her and sign a miscellaneous item, it was sort of odd for you, but looking at the time, you needed to head off.

Trying to be as respectful as possible, you took Jenna to the car as you both said your goodbyes, hopping into the car and finally letting out a breath.

"So...how was it?" You asked Jenna, having not seen her for two weeks.

"Yeah...it was alright..." Jenna nodded.

You started the car, both of you not really needing to say another word, as you began the drive, you two would have plenty to talk about over the next 11 hours.

And you did, going on rants from spending a whole hour arguing about what belonged on pizza and what didn't to Jenna spending 20 minutes reading out loud the most popular fan fiction written about you.