Time Bomb

I walked through the classroom doors, with Mike not far behind me. I spotted a tall well built man, who's hair was thinning on top standing at the front of the classroom. He immediately caught eye contact with me and turned to the class.

"Ah this must be our new student, Holly Ryback" He smiled.

The whole class turned to acknowledge me and I felt my face turn red. This was one of my worst nightmares, I heard Mike snigger behind me. He pulled me into a seat beside him, the desks were only two to a table and I was expecting to just sit on my own.

"Okay so Mr Craig, pretty laid back, you can get away without doing your homework the majority of the time but when he's grumpy eeeesh" Mike said giving me the lowdown.

I nodded, staring at the middle aged man. He reminded me of a teacher back at my old school.

"Let's see your timetable" Mike said, putting his hand out.

I handed it to him and watched him study it.

"Well that's not too bad, we have five classes together. I'm sure you can get through the other four without me" he grinned.

"It'll be hard, but I'll have to persevere" I joked.

~

The bell rang and we headed off for break, the cafeteria was a lot bigger than my old school's. In fact the whole school was bigger, with a lot more people. Luckily for me, Mike stayed with me during break. Following me out to the back of the school for a quick smoke.

"So you're going to have to get to English by yourself, think you're up to the challenge" He asked.

"I'm sure I'll find it eventually" I said shrugging my shoulders.

~

Thankfully it was lunchtime, English went by slowly and Spanish was just painful. No-one there had even attempted to talk to me never mind make friends. I guess this is how the next two years are gonna be. I slid into a seat at a empty table in the cafeteria, after fetching my lunch from the kitchen at the front of the large hall. I put a chip in my mouth, feeling a tad lonely. I looked around for either of my brothers or even Mike, but none of them were around.

"Lunch is no time to be alone" I heard a voice say behind me.

My heart jumped, and I secretly wished it was Mike again. He did have a habit of popping up at the best of times. I turned around the see a reasonably tall guy standing holding a tray of food. He had shiny spiky black hair with a streak of blonde through the front and a big grin. Behind him stood another guy, he had reasonably long hair that just about covered his eyes.

"The perks of being new huh?" I replied.

"Mind if we sit down?" The spiky haired one asked.

"Sure go for it" I smiled.

"I'm Jaime and this is Tony" He said while sitting next to me, whilst Tony sat across from me.

"I'm Holly" I replied, happy that someone else was actually interested in talking to me.

After spending lunch together I had grown fond of the humorous pair. Jaime was talkative and hilarious, in fact he seemed to have trouble taking a breath between each word. Whereas Tony was reserved and pretty quiet, but I had deducted that we had a lot of similar interests - which made me want to get to know him better. Between the two of them, they were in three out of the four classes I wasn't in with Mike. Which meant now I was only a loner in Spanish.

I left the front doors of the school weighing up my day, overall it wasn't awful and for that I was thankful.

~side note~

Mike, Vic, Tony and Jaime are all being described as looking how they were when they were younger. So basically just imagine fetus pierce the veil you're there!