Props and Mayhem

It had been a week since I came clean to Mike, which meant it had been a week of Mike trying to convince me to tell my Dad and brothers. It sounded easy in theory, but every single time I sat down - ready to admit everything - I chickened out. Would he hate me? Would he even go as far as disowning me?

It was after dinner and I had missed the golden opportunity to tell him. I heard a knock on the window and turned around to see Mike. I pulled open the window and watched him jump in.

"Did you tell him?" He asked.

"Mike, I couldn't" I sighed sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Babe, you need to tell him" He replied, crouching down in front of me and pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"He's gonna hate me" I said.

I watched him shake his head.

"Mike, you haven't told your parents yet. Don't act like you understand what I'm going through" I cried.

"I know, I'm sorry but you know eventually you'll have to tell him" He replied.

"I know, it's not long until I'm going to start showing" I answered, rubbing my stomach slightly.

I still hadn't hit me this was happening. Bar the morning sickness, I was still feeling relatively normal. Admitting to my Dad just made everything so much more real. Before I could pretend, once my Dad knew as well as Mike - there would be no escaping it.

"How about you do it now?" Mike asked. "I'm here, so you won't be alone"

I nodded.

~

I sat on the sofa, with Mike beside me. I cleared my throat preparing myself. My hands were shaking, noticing this Mike grabbed my hand.

"Dad?" I said. "Can I talk to you for a minute?".

"Can it wait until after the game?" He asked.

I glanced at Mike, who shot me a reassuring smile.

"It can't wait" I said.

"What is it sweetheart? Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Um not really. I have something I need to tell you and you aren't going to like it" I said quietly, feeling my eyes begin to slowly water.

"Tell me you aren't.." He said, a sudden look of realisation appearing on his face.

I clutched at Mike's hand, he squeezed it back.

"I'm sorry Daddy" I said, a tear falling from my eyes.

"Holly no, you can't be. You're only sixteen" He said, his eyes wide open. 

More and more tears fell, I felt Mike rub my back.

"Mr Ryback, we didn't mean for it to happen. It was a stupid mistake" I heard Mike say.

"Please be quiet for a minute Michael. This has nothing to do with you" My Dad answered.

"It has everything to do with him Dad" I replied.

"Am I hearing this right?" Luke said, coming into the living room.

My brother looked furious, despite the fact we argued 98% of the time - he was still protective over both me and Corey.

"Holly how could you do this? What were you thinking?" He shouted.

"This isn't all her fault, lay off alright" Mike shouted back, now standing in front of Luke.

"Yeah you're right, it's your fault" Luke said, shoving his shoulder.

I watched the angry boil through Mike.

"Don't touch me" He growled back.

Despite the fact Luke was much more well built than Mike, due to all the trips to the gym - I knew Mike could definitely holds his own. I couldn't do anything to stop them, as I watched in awe as they now were standing in the middle of the street. Luke swung a punch, colliding with Mike's lip, causing him to jump back, clutching at his lip. Only leaving a second to recover before hitting Luke directly in the eye.

"Stop being idiots" I said jumping in between them, only to be ignored and avoided.

"Luke stop it" I heard my Dad shout from behind me.

"What's going on?" I heard a voice shout behind me, which i assumed was Corey.

There was only one person that was good at calming Mike down, I ran to his front door. Banging at it with my fist and shouting for Vic, who arrived seconds later. He didn't even finish his question before he answered it for himself.

"I'm guessing you told them" He said, running down his steps and jumping over the wall.

He ran straight for Mike, who had just hit Luke in the stomach. I watched as Corey and Dad dragged Luke away and Vic held Mike back.

I couldn't help but think, this is all my fault.