Complex Heart

It had been a month since the doctors appointment and things were as normal as they could be. Luckily no-one at school had noticed, I was finding it easier and easier to hide my morning sickness. The only people at school except for Mike and Vic who knew were Jaime and Tony. I guess they were shocked when I told them, but now they couldn't stop asking questions - questions that I couldn't answer. Which only made me realise more and more how unprepared I really was for this.

It was a Saturday night and here I was watching TV. I was finding it very hard to entertain myself, knowing that I had left my phone over at Mike's and he was out with Vic and his Father, helping out at some family member decorate their new house or something. Luckily me for me, his parents had been pretty accepting about the whole thing. They didn't see any point in dwelling over what had already been done and were just glad we were taking responsibility. I knocked at the front door, hoping to catch his Mom. The door opened and revealed Vic standing there.

"Oh hey, when did you get back?" I asked.

"Back from where?" He asked, furrowing his eye brows.

"Mike said you two were at a family members..." I said trailing off as I noticed Vic shaking his head.

"He's out, a group of guys from school came round and he headed out with them" Vic explained.

My heart sunk as Vic told me this, I knew exactly who the group of guys were. Mike had recently started hanging out with them, sure Mike was allowed to have friends. But when he was out getting drunk and high with them, was it still alright? I didn't want to nag him, I was never going to be that girlfriend.

"Oh okay, well I left my phone in his room" I said, knowing I was showing how disappointed I was.

Vic shot me a sympathetic smile. "Want me to grab it for you?" He asked.

He left and came back with my phone, handing it to me. I thanked him and began walking down the steps, back to my own house.

"Want me to have a word with him?" I heard Vic ask.

I shook my head. "I don't think that will help, but thanks" I replied, painting a fake smile on.

I had a bad feeling about this.