Kids in Love

I thought about what Mike may have planned all day, I had acted out all the possibilites in my head. Although I was never really the type of girl that was into the candlelight dinners and boquets or flowers, I found myself thinking about it. Of course there was the element of nervousness, I had never been on a real date before. What was I going to wear and were there certain rules of how to act? I looked into my closet as all my ugly clothes stared back, I was completely baffled as to what I was going to wear. When I asked Mike about he said "Just dress like yourself".

I loosely curled my hair and stuck on a bit of eyeliner, quickly getting bored of putting makeup on. I had a lack of fancy-date type clothing in my closet. Luckily I discovered a black skirt that reached my waist and cut off around my thighs, I combined it with an Architects merch shirt, tucking the bottoms in my skirt. I pulled on black ripped tights and black converse, feeling like a very stereotypical "emo" as the people in my old school used to call me. 

Something hit my window, causing me to jump, I walked over and stuck my head out - only to see Mike standing in the middle of the street, holding stones in the palm of his hand. I was immediately glad I hadn't dressed up too much, considering Mike was wearing black skinny jeans and a slightly more dressy shirt than usual. I looked him up and down a few times, taking in the small details, like how he was wearing a hat I had never seen before and how his shoes looked cleaner than normal. 

"Get your butt down here, Ryback" Mike shouted grinning, simultaenously snapping me out of my day dream. 

"One second" I said, grabbing my phone and running down the stairs.

When I exited my house through the front door, Mike was sitting on the wall. He turned around as soon as he heard the front door open. 

"Why couldn't you have just knocked on the door you noob" I laughed, playfully hitting him. 

He stood grinning at me, "What?" I laughed.

"Nothing, you just look great" He smiled.

"Cheesy or?" I joked.

"Some may say cheesy, I say romantic" He answered sticking his tongue out. 

He grabbed my hand and lead me to Vic's car, he must have borrowed it for the night. Mike opened the passenger door for me and shut it behind me, proceeding to go to the driver's seat.

"So we are we off to?" I asked, as he pulled out of the street. 

"It's not too far away, here put this on" He said holding out a bandana in his free hand. 

"Are you serious?" I laughed.

He nodded, I tied the bandana over my eyes so I was unable to see. I was feeling pretty vulnerable considering he really could be taking me anywhere. We drove around for about fifteen minutes, in which time I pestered Mike about where we were going. 

"We're here" He declared.

"Can I take this off now?" I asked.

"No" He practically shouted.

"Okay so walking plus not being able to see, that's not a recipe for disaster" I said.

I felt my door open next to me and Mike lean over and unclick my seatbelt. He took my hand and helped me out of the car.

"Jump on my back" He said.

He carried me on his back for about five minutes, I couldn't hear anyone talking or any cars - which blew all my theories right out of the water. I had my arms clasped loosely around his shoulders, the smell of his cologne filled my nose. It wasn't like it was the first time I had smelt it, but I just loved the smell of it so much. It reminded me of him, it was part of Mike. 

"Okay we're here" He said. 

He bent down so I could jump off and began untying the bandana around my face.

~sidenote~ another bad chapter - sorry to those who are actually reading the story