When I Get Home You're So Dead

"Mike, we have looked absolutely everywhere" I groaned. 

"Look don't panic, we still have two hours until your Dad gets home" Mike said. 

I started up the car again, racking my brain for any other place we could possibly look. So far we had checked the local mall, the skate park, the cinema and all the diners and cafes. I felt nauseous. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, I pulled out answering the phone. 

"Holly, I just went round to Corey's friends' houses. They haven't seen him all day, I'm beginning to get worried" Luke said. 

"Shit, Luke we've looked all over town, nothing" I stressed. 

"I'm gonna do another circle of the town then I'll meet you back home" He said.

"Alright, bye" I said. 

~

"Are you sure we have time to be playing on the swings?" Mike asked, raising his eyebrows at me. 

I climbed upon a swing, pumping my legs and gaining momentum. 

"Yes, this is where I do my best thinking" I told him. 

He took a seat next to me, quickly going higher on the swing than I. 

"It's not fair" I pouted. "You have longer legs". 

He laughed while swinging past me. 

"Wait, what's that?" He asked, pointing out into the trees near the lake. 

Before I knew it he had jumped off the swing and had began running towards the trees, I shouted his name but realized I had no choice other than to follow him. I couldn't help but think this was one of his silly plans that he was always conspiring. I caught a sight of him ahead of me, dodging trees.

"Holly, I found him" He shouted.

I found myself begin to run faster than I ever knew I could. I spotted Mike at the riverside with a figure beside him. I was conflicted with relief of finding him but also realizing that my nightmares had come true. My little brother lay at the river side, a mixture of different bottles surrounding him. Mike knelt down next to him, checking his floppy body. 

"We're gonna need to get him to hospital" Mike said, holding up an empty, see through bag that was laid beside him. 

My heart dropped, how was my little brother capable of this? My hands shook as I rang for an ambulance. Memories of my little brother when he was three and four and growing up flooded through my head - all leading to this view I had now. Him passed out, drugged and drunk out of his mind. 

**Two updates tonight, I am on fire. Yeah I kinda neglected this fic. But I hope you don't hate the story line too much, ok yeah thanks for reading**