Yeah Boy and Doll Face

We pulled into the school gates: Vic, Mike and I. The three of us piled out, meeting Tony and Jaime near the steps. The last week or so at school hasn't been great to say the least. Everywhere I went people were constantly watching me, like they were just waiting for me to do something to prove their theories. At first I told myself it would die down, but if anything it got worse. I glanced at over at a group of students, girls and guys who had their eyes plastered to me - whispering to each other. I bowed my head, Mike noticed this and looked in their direction - immediately catching on. The rumours were getting to him, I could tell by the look in his eye. They seemed to be getting more and more ridiculous. One rumour was that the baby wasn't even Mike's, another rumour was that Mike was cheating on me every weekend with another girl he had gotten pregnant at another school.

Before I knew it, Mike had opened his mouth and shouted over to the group of people - I guess he had finally hit his limit.

"Do you have a fucking problem or something?" He growled.

"Dude calm down" One of the guys said, standing up.

The words calm down, were like red to a bull for Mike.

"Why don't you and your friends mind own business and stop staring at me and my girlfriend?" Mike retaliated.

"It's not my fault you don't know the meaning of the word condom" The guy shouted back as he began to walk away.

I watched the anger flicker in Mike's eyes, like the short second before the fight with Luke. He had grabbed the guys shoulder and spun him around violently, we all knew what was coming next as he braced his fist. That was until Vic and Jaime pulled him away and Tony told the other guy to beat it. I looked around, to see practically the whole school looking over our way.

Behind me I could hear Vic telling Mike off, saying something about how he can't just punch everyone who annoys him. He was right, but the guy was out of line and in a way I was proud of him for sticking up for me and our small family.

"Alright there's nothing to see here" I heard Jaime shout, waving his arms at the people who had stopped to watch.

Mike made his way over, looking a little calmer.

"I'm sorry babe, I don't know what came over me, he was just such a cunt and-" Mike said.

"It's okay Mikey, your intentions were good, even if you went the wrong way about it. Thanks for sticking up for us" I smiled.

"Do you wanna just get out of here?" Mike asked. "We were gonna have to leave early for the scan and I really can't deal with these idiots anymore".

"You don't have to ask me twice" I laughed.

We explained to the guys and headed off to Vic's car who would get a ride home with Jaime and Tony.

~

"Stop looking so nervous" I laughed.

"I just hope he's okay" Mike said.

"And stop calling it him, it might be a girl, you don't know" I scolded him.

"Instincts" He said tapping the side of his head. "I can just tell".

I shook my head at him.

The over head voice called my name and we headed in, I had been twice already now and yet it still scared me.

~

Everything was set up as I lay on the bed.

"Would you like to know the sex?" The nurse asked.

I quickly glanced at Mike as his face lit up. I knew there was no way we were leaving this place without knowing.

"Yes please" I said to the nurse.

"Only to prove you wrong" I said to Mike, sticking my tongue out.

"We'll see" He said back, winking.

After a couple of minutes the nurse had informed us she knew what it was. I didn't mind deep down whether it was a boy or a girl but I just wanted to prove Mike wrong.

"You're having a baby boy" She smiled.

"I TOLD YOU" Mike said, jumping up from his chair.

The nurse chuckled at his out burst, I couldn't believe I was having a baby boy.

"We're gonna have a son" I said, the realisation finally hitting me.

"Yeah baby" Mike said excitedly, kissing my forehead.