Besitos

I sat slumped in my chair, do you know those classes that don't seem to end? And every time you look at the clock, it's still the exact same time as what felt like an hour ago. I lay my head on top of my arms, feeling my eyes begin to close. My eyes sprung open as Mike nudged me in the rib cage - making me jump. He smirked as I tried to recover from the scare.

The bell went and we headed to the cafeteria, down the crowded corridors.

"I'm sick of cafeteria food" Mike groaned "Fancy sneaking off somewhere?".

I nodded, I followed him out to the car.

"Please let me drive" he begged, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Says the guy who failed his test" I laughed.

"But Vic's been giving me lessons and I've been getting really good" He smiled.

I held the keys out to him; rolling my eyes. Since you get a back up set of keys when buying a car, my parents let me keep the second pair. They knew how forgetful Luke was and how it was just a matter of time before he left them down somewhere or broke them.

"You crash my brother's car, you die" I threatened.

He nodded eagerly and jumped into the driver's seat.

"Should I be worried?" I laughed, clicking in my seatbelt.

~

After about ten minutes of arguing where to eat, we finally left the school grounds. We decided on the cafe we went the first day we met. As we drove past my street I glanced in, seeing my Mum and Dad's cars there again. Weren't they supposed to be at work?

"Mike stop a second" I ordered.

"What why?" He asked.

"Just do it" I said sternly.

He pulled over onto the sidewalk, just a few metres away from my street. I jumped out of the car. Followed shortly by Mike.

"What's wrong?" He asked following me as I headed to my street.

"My mum and dad are home again" I said.

"So?" He asked "maybe they just came home for lunch".

"They seem to be doing that a lot" I said.

I opened the front door, as quietly as I could. Shushing Mike as we both entered the hall way. I could hear voices being raised upstairs. I listened intently, hoping to hear why they were arguing. I watched as Mike furrowed his eye brows. I heard foot steps coming down the stairs and I bolted for the door, dragging Mike behind me. We both headed for the top of the street.

As we made it to the top I realised just how upset I was, they never argued back when we lived in Philadelphia - so why now?

"I know I'm pointing out the obvious here, but your parents fight a lot" Mike sighed.

"Yeah" I sighed.

He put his arms around me, pulling me into a massive hug. Which i was glad of, I needed a hug.

~

We pulled back up outside the school. I had my head slumped against the window, staring into my lap.

"You still thinking about your parents babe?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Cheer up" he said kissing me on the forehead.

We both got out of the car, just on time for the bell to go.

"You've got to get to Spanish but listen I'll pick you up at seven and take you somewhere, maybe I can cheer you up" he grinned.

"Okay" I agreed, feeling a small smile creep upon my face.

~side note~ this chapter was kind of boring apologies.