Little Miss Obvious

It had been around a month since that night, my Mom moved back to Philly - like she said she would. She had given me and my brothers the chance to move back with her but my allegiance was with my Dad. I knew my brothers had been in contact with her since she left but I couldn't bring myself to talk to the woman who split up my family. It was weird, her not being here - it meant we each had to do a little more around the house. And me and my brothers had to watch what we said, 

which was always hard.

I sat in my school's cafeteria with Jaime and Tony. I was thankful the bell for lunch had rang, I couldn't take much more Spanish. I grabbed my tray of food from the line and sat down next to Tony - Jaime opposing us. I began tucking into my food, chatting with Jaime and Tony about going to see a movie to tonight. All of a sudden, I felt my stomach lurch, the contents of it rising. I clapped my hand over my mouth, there was no time to make it to a bathroom, I headed for the nearest bin instead. A second after reaching the bin, I saw my lunch again. I felt someone hold my hair back and rub my back, which I assumed was either Tony or Jaime. I straightened myself up, noticing a few people staring. Tony handed me a glass of water and Jaime helped me back to the table, my head was spinning.

"Food must be off or something" I mumbled, watching both Jaime and Tony push their trays away from themselves.

"Maybe you should just go home, there's no point feeling like crap and sitting in class" Tony suggested.

"Yeah I think I might just head home, thanks guys" I smiled.

I still had that awful feeling you get after throwing up as I made my way out to the parking lot. I had told the office at my school I wasn't well, and they didn't doubt me after hearing my stunt in the cafeteria.

~

I rolled around in bed, numerous times trying to fall asleep. My eyes were heavy but I just couldn't drift off. I heard my phone go and I grabbed it from my bedside table.

"Where are you? History is boring without you xx" from Mike.

I smiled slightly, he had this stupid habit of always managing to cheer me up.

"Was sick at lunch, so I went home. 

Sorry babe xx" I replied.

~

I woke up, feeling completely off routine as it was still light. I stood up from my bed feeling completely better, the time read 4:30pm so I went down to find my brothers. As I looked for my hoodie in my drawers, I could hear them arguing down stairs. But I could also hear a third voice in the mix, I walked down stairs to see my brothers and Mike all playing the Xbox. My brothers and Mike always did get along, it was just a shock to see them hanging out on their own accord.

"Hey babe" Mike grinned at me, but still focusing most of his attention on the screen.

I watched my brother shoot each other a look and laugh.

"This is my last game okay?" Mike said to them.

~

"So how are you feeling?" Mike asked laying down on the bed next to me.

"Yeah much better" I said, as he weaved his arm around me.

He kissed me, pressing our bodies against each other and our lips working perfectly together. He pulled away and smiled.

"I'd better stop, I don't want to get your disease" he grinned.

"You jerk" I laughed.

I got up and headed over to my drawers, where I had previously left my phone. I looked at my calendar that was on the wall above it.

"Oh shit" I cursed under my breath.