Picture Perfect

**Just for anyone who is reading, I changed the chapter One Man Drinking Game. Basically because there was a plot I wanted to fit in and I thought I could do it later on in the story but I couldn't. Not much has changed, I literally only added a paragraph or so. So I'm gonna give a quick update here if you can't be bothered going and reading it. (Mike came over the day after Holly was out with Jaime and caught her looking at adoption sites which led to another fight which led to him leaving again. Then after she goes to Tony's and gets the phone call from Vic like normal)**

~

I took a deep breath and walked into the hospital room, he lay in front of me with a drip in his arm and some other wires attached to him. He noticed me enter the room and shot me a weak smile.

"Hey" He said.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Like crap, but it's my own fault so I guess I can't complain too much" He said.

I nodded and looked around the room, avoiding making eye contact with him. It felt like we were strangers, the awkward silence and the small talk. I felt him grab my hand, that was resting on the bed.

"For what it's worth, I am sorry for everything" He said.

"Are you though? Or are you just saying that because you ended up in here?" I asked.

"Ending up lying in that dark street was a wake up call, this all is. I told you I'd be there and I let you down" He said.

"Why did you do it? One day you were fine, coming with me to doctors appointments and the next you were out every single night" I asked.

"I was terrified, I'm still terrified. The thought of an actual person depending on us, I would for sure mess it up. Drinking took my mind of it, I could pretend it wasn't happening" He replied.

"I'm scared too Mike, except I can't run away" I said feeling my voice get higher.

I knew I shouldn't shout at someone who was lying in a hospital bed, no matter how infuriating they were. I took a few deep breathes and regained my cool.

"I know, I realise that now. But I guess neither of us need to be scared anymore, if you're thinking of adoption..." He said, trailing off.

"It was just an idea" I muttered. "With the way you were acting and the way I was feeling, there was no way we could look after a kid".

"So you haven't made your mind up?" He asked, suddenly brightening up.

I shook my head.

"Well I'm going to be there for you one hundred percent once I get out of here. I am going to prove to you that we can look after a baby" He smiled.

I felt my heart warm slightly, the old Mike was back. I didn't knew whether Vic had said something or the accident in general had brought him back - but I didn't care - he was back. I kissed his cheek, I wasn't completely sold yet but if he was willing to make an effort I was willing to consider it.

"Hey look at this" I said jumping up.

"What?" He smiled.

I pulled my shirt up slightly and stood sideways.

"A bump" I smiled.

It was small but it was still there, it was scary but exciting. Mike had a huge grin on his face, I hoped he meant it.

~

I lay snuggled up next to him, my head on his chest. I knew I would have to go soon so I was making the most of it. The doctor said Mike should be able to come home if not the next day, the one after that.

"Do you think it's a girl or a boy?" I asked.

"Oh a boy, for sure" He said.

"Really? I thought it was a girl" I laughed.

"Think about it" He smiled, "If it was a boy, I could teach him how to play soccer and I could be one of those really enthusiastic Dads at the matches".

I laughed.

"I don't know, I had this vision of if it was a girl, you coming home from work and her running to the door shouting 'Daddy', then you would pick her up and spin her around" I replied.

"You big mush ball" Mike laughed, kissing my forehead.

"Holly, Dad said he's gonna leave you home now" Vic said, standing in the door way.

I nodded and stood up from the bed.

"Bye babe" Mike smiled.

I followed Vic out to the hall, where he stopped and grinned at me.

"What?" I laughed.

"Nothing I'm just glad things are back to normal, you're practically my sister in law now, aren't you?" He smiled, putting his arm around me.

**this story had a lot of conversation, so sorry for that**