Episode 15: Going to bed early

This is a longer one, hope you enjoy it and dont forget to comment xoxo

Louis has had fun, really a lot of fun with Eleanor. They only made out once, because Eleanor doesn't' want to 'fall for Louis' charms' but they had great talks and Louis appreciates her presence. She's a good one.

An hour later Louis leads Eleanor to the villa where the others are. They are all gathered together in the beanbags around the pool.

"Hey guys!" Louis puts on his biggest smile, acts overly happy and doesn't show that he is actually hurt by tonight's events. "I brought someone! Meet Eleanor, she's super cool."

Everybody stands up and hugs her, having a quick chat with her, except for Harry. He walks straight up to Louis.

"Lou, can we talk?"

Louis' smile doesn't lessen even a bit, stays as bright as possible. He has always been a good actor.

"Oh, not now, H! It would be rude to just leave Eleanor. She has just arrived here. Why don't you go introduce yourself to her?"

Harry wants to protest, that much is clear, but he is too polite to ignore what Louis says so he goes up to Eleanor and introduces himself, stretching his arm to shake her hand.

Quickly Eleanor is not the centre of attention anymore and they are sitting all together in a big circle; They are talking about everything and nothing, but Louis doesn't really pay attention. He only has eyes for Kendall whose head is resting on Harry's shoulder and how that is supposed to be Louis' spot. She whispers something in Harry's ear, making Harry laugh and Louis can't help but be this person.

"Eleanor is an amazing kisser by the way, you should all know." And the conversation that was going on abruptly stops, silence now taking place.

The smile on Harry's face vanishes immediately and his eyes are cold, jaw clenched as he stares at Louis. Eleanor blushes furiously and stares at her feet.

"Have you guys kissed?" Camille shrieks. "Come on, spill the tea!"

"It's getting late, today has been busy. I'm going to bed." Harry stands up.

"Should I come with you, H?" Kendall wants to stand up as well but Harry shakes his head.

"No, you can stay here, listen to the tea Louis has to spill. I need to take a shower and stuff as well, and some time alone."

Louis fights every single muscle in his body that wants to stand up and run after Harry so he can scream at him, scream why the fuck he is reacting like that while he is the one coupled up to someone else. Louis is still single at this point.

"Come on, we're waiting." Taylor pushes. "What has happened?"

"Nothing much." Louis mumbles. "Just kissed once, no big deal. We also made clear that we are not it for each other. Anyway, Harry's right, it has been a long day. I'm going to bed too." He had hoped it would have felt better, making sure Harry knows that Louis can also get someone else, can also replace Harry like Harry just replaced Louis. But is doesn't feel satisfying at all, in contrary. Louis feels horrible.

When he arrives in the sleeping room Harry isn't there, but he can hear the shower running in the bathroom. He waits patiently for him in their old bed, the bed he is going to share now with Kendall. It makes Louis a bit sick.

Ten minutes later he is there, towel hanging lowly around his waist, curls glued against his forehead and the smell of strawberries greets Louis.

"What are you doing here?" Harry has never used this tone on Louis before and it upsets the older boy.

"Came here to check on you, wanted to make sure you're alright. You seemed upset."

"Thanks, captain obvious. I'm good, you can go now. I'm sure Eleanor is missing you already."

"Oh no." Louis shakes his head, stands up and crosses his arms. "You don't get the right to say that. You are the one that's coupled up to someone else."

"I haven't kissed Kendall, Louis! Our deal was to not do anything with someone else as long as we have each other."

"But we don't! We don't have each other, Harry because you are coupled up with Kendall!" Louis points at him. "So don't tell me that I'm the one breaking our deal. The main goal was coupling up, and you broke that part before I kissed Eleanor."

"But you broke your part willingly, I didn't have a choice! Kendall picked me, I didn't pick her!"

"You also didn't object!" Louis snaps. "Obviously she was going to pick you. You tell her she's the best kisser-"

"Really, Louis? I thought we cleared that out!"

"You come back from your date like you've had the time of your life."

"It was a fun date!" Harry exclaims.

"Well, then I'm fucking happy for you that you are coupled up with her. Go figure things out with her but don't be pissed then that I have kissed with Eleanor. She has been all over you this whole evening Harry and you haven't done anything against it. There is not one single sign that you don't want to try things with her."

Harry is silent and plays with his finger nails.

"What is it to you, then? It's not like you were looking for love." Harry's voice is soft.

"I'm not." Louis breathes out. "You just gave me a sense of safety I shouldn't have had. I could have gone home, Harry. You are safe, you have Kendall but if I had known that before I would have never sent Aiden to Camille – I would have assured my own spot. I chose you because I trusted you and I felt safe. I made it clear to Aiden that I'd pick you. I guess it just sucked that you didn't do the same for me to Kendall..."

"I'm sorry." A single tear escapes Harry's eye and hell no, no Louis can't see this.

"H, no don't cry please." Louis rushes closes to him, wipes away the tear with his thumb.

"You are right. I'm just not used to people liking me and- I didn't even think about the possibility that Kendall might have to choose first and would've picked me. In my head it was so sure that I was going to end up with you again that I didn't even consider that someone else might-"

"Hey, hey it's okay." Louis pulls Harry closer in a hug. "It's okay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted like this. I should have been prepared. Maybe she's your soulmate and.."

"She's not." Harry interrupts. "And first I really liked her but now I hate her because I'm fighting with you because of her and I don't want to fight with you, Louis. You are the one keeping me sane here. I can't do this without you."

Harry hides his face in the crook of Louis' neck and Louis' fingers go straight into Harry's curls, massaging his head a bit for comfort.

"I'm sorry." Louis apologises. "I'm sorry I reacted so harshly, for kissing Eleanor. I was hurt." He confesses. "But I should have talked to you first. I didn't consider that you were in an uneasy situation as well. You know I care about you, H. I was scared I'd lost you."

Harry removes his head from Louis' neck, looks straight into the beautiful pair of blue eyes before he leans in. When Louis thinks their lips are about to touch, Harry speaks.

"Don't kiss anyone else again, Lou." Louis can feel Harry's breath on his lips, it's hot. "Not as long as we still have our arrangement. This arrangement only ends when we both confirm it. It's not over, not yet okay?"

Louis is memorised by Harry's eyes, Harry's voice and just Harry. He can only nod, staring at those plumb lips that are only inches away.

"We're not over yet." He confirms, only to get Harry's lips on his a few seconds after;

Louis is not sure how he is going to deal with himself when Harry has actually found his soulmate, but those are worries for later. Coupled up or not, Harry has picked him and next time they will be together again.