Epilogue

GUYS HELLO! I'M ALIVE, I PROMISE I'M ALIVE! 

This has taken way too long and I apologise, but I promise, I'm back. First of all I'm going to finish my unfinished stories, but there is already a draft of an upcoming book.

The time I wasn't active I have worked on my mental health and I'm very proud to say that I'm happy. I'm genuinly happy and there was a time I was scared I would never be able to actually say that. Also, I'm convinced it will improve my writing.

I'm sorry for the wait, again. Just put myself first and I'm glad I did. I hope you guys are still there to support me.

All the love!

S

6 months later

« That was Billie Eilish with Bad guy! Ladies and gentlemen today it's exactly six months ago that the first ever final of the queer version of Love Island premiered and right now I am on the phone with one of the most popular contestants ever of the show. Louis Tomlinson, how are you doing?"

"Not too bad, Greg thanks what about yourself?"

"I'm good, thank you! Louis six months ago you were still in Spain. How are you looking back on the experience?"

"Love Island is the best decision that has been made for me. My friend Nialler actually signed me up, and I couldn't be happier. I got the chance to not only meet the real me but also the love of my life."

"I can already hear it. So, Harry and you are back together? Still together?"

"Together." Louis laughs. "happily together for as long as Harry wants to have me."

"And how are you feeling about your second place? Knowing that Luke and Eleanor broke up? Do you think that you guys actually deserved to win?"

"I don't think at that point we deserved to win. We didn't even deserve to still be on the show to be fair. Obviously, we loved each other but we didn't have our shit figured out. Eleanor and Lukes relationship was a lot more stable and healthier than mine and Harry's was. I'm not bitter or anything. They are also still very good friends, all of us are, but the distance was too much for them. For them the Love Island setting was better than real life, for Harry and I it's the opposite. They grew apart after the show and Harry and I have become inseparable"

"What's the real life setting then?"

"Well for Luke and El it was way too many train trips and facetime conversations as for Harry and I it's a flat with view on the Eiffel tower." Louis smiles. "We're living in Paris now until Harry's internship is over. I'm doing online tutoring for a while and start in classroom teaching as soon as we're back. Harry got a job offered in London for Vogue, so I'm extremely proud of him. I-"

"Lou, I'm home!"

Greg laughs on the other side of the line and Louis follows.

"So I guess I will leave you with your boyfriend! Thank you so much for the call, Louis! Say hi to Harry!"

"I will, bye Greg!"

The line goes dead, and Louis throws his phone somewhere on the couch and walks up to Harry, kissing him softly.

"The two of you make me nauseous." Danielle rolls her eyes but has a smile on her face anyway.

"You are having a free hotel in Paris so don't complain." Louis says, taking place on the couch again and pulling Harry with him. "So have you heard from El, Niall and Luke?

"They should arrive in like half an hour." Danielle says. "Who's going to pick them up?"

"I will." Harry says. "So I'm just going to leave. Are you guys waiting here for us or are you straight going to the restaurant?"

"We'll see you in the restaurant. Come here." Louis pulls Harry on his lap and connects their lips. "I love you."

"I love you, Louis."

Louis and Danielle arrive at the restaurant. "Sous quel nom, s'il vous plait ? » the man asks politely.

« Tomlinson. » Louis answers.

« Suivez-moi. » the man says, asking the pair to follow him.

"Une table pour sept personnes. » the man says as he has led them to the table.

"Seven? We're only six, no?" Danielle asks.

"Yeah, must be the accent. My French is still horrible. I'm only good at it when Harry and I-"

"Too much information, Tomlinson!" Danielle slaps her friend on the back of his head.

The two take place in front of each other and Danielle starts to speak.

"Do you sometimes imagine how life would have been without Love Island?"

"Mmm..." Louis nods. "I do, and it honestly scares me. I was so careless when it came to love. I needed Harry to realise that love can be beautiful as well. Also, I'm so glad that I met you. You are like a sister. I love you Dani and I just want you to find happiness and love because you deserve it."

"I honestly thought I found it in Taylor. Is it stupid that it still kind of hurts?"

"It's not, babes. The two of you were very close."

The two stop their conversation when they hear quite some noise coming from the entrance.

"Guys!" Danielle stands up and she immediately hugs Niall. Louis does the same to Luke and Eleanor and gives Niall a brohug as well.

"Hey baby." Louis pecks Harry's lips.

"Save me a spot next to you? I forgot something. I'll be right back."

Louis nods and all of them take place around the table.

"So how was your trip?" Danielle starts the conversation. They all speak casually to each other until Harry comes back with...

"Taylor?" Danielle raises her eyebrow and her jaw has dropped.

"Hi... I uh- I'm so sorry to interrupt. I asked Louis and Harry whether it would be okay if I do this."

"Do what? Where's Joe?" Danielle can't help but sound bitter.

"I don't know, I don't care and I never should have cared. Danielle I'm so sorry for the way I have treated you. You didn't deserve it at all. I didn't realise what I had when it was gone. The second I left the island I could only think about you and- I know I don't deserve it but I would love to if we could start hanging out and see if maybe – maybe the spark is still there?"

Everybody around the table just sits there in shock except for Louis. He knew about her intentions and although he is still angry at Taylor for hurting Danielle the way she did, he also knows how fear of love can let you make stupid decisions. If he weren't sure about Taylors intentions, he wouldn't have let her."

"We can talk about it tonight." Danielle nods. "Please join us?"

And Louis' heart warms, the Love Island family all gathered together in Paris, his fingers intertwined with the ones of the love of his life. Luke and Eleanor are still bickering, Niall is in conversation with Danielle and Taylor laughs from time to time, relaxing when she gets a smile from the brunette. Louis turns to Harry only to find him already staring back at him.

"We're lucky..." Harry whispers.

"Especially me. Glad you did fall." Louis whispers back.

"Glad you wanted to give love a chance after already having given it up."

"You're a princess, remember? Can't deny a princess."

"And I could never deny the soulmate I was looking for..."