Episode 29: The beach

It's not my favourite chapter that I have written, but I'm really looking forward to the next one. 

Enjoy reading and commenting xx

Louis had forgotten, the pain when you go to sleep with someone and wake up without them, but he gets reminded again the first morning after he had slept with Harry. He rolls himself completely into his blanket, like a sushi roll, and drowns in self pity until he hears a voice.

"Wake up, Lou. I made you breakfast."

Louis rolls out of his blanket and looks up. There is Harry, holding a tray filled with a plate of eggs and bacon, a fruit salad, little baguettes and it's decorated with flowers.

"H, you shouldn't have done that. Thank you." Louis moves to the side so Harry can join him in the bed. "It's delicious." He says as he takes a bite from the fruit salad. "Have you tasted it yourself?"

Harry shakes his head.

"No, this is all yours. I'm trying to make things up to you."

"And you figured that food is the key to my forgiveness, right?" Louis only teases the younger boy. "Here, take a bite. It's so good, H." Louis takes a spoon full with fruits and feeds it to Harry.

"Thanks." Harry smiles nervously, playing with his fingers. The air is still not relaxed between them and Louis absolutely hates it.

"You made this, H. No need to thank me." Louis laughs. "What about we finish this food together, get ready and have a walk on the beach so we can talk?"

Harry nods and has a little smile, Louis loves that smile.

"That sounds like a perfect plan."

It's around one and a half hour later that the two boys are on the beach together, walking side by side, their arms not really touching but almost.

"Where did we go wrong?" Harry is the first one to break the comfortable silence between the two. "What happened that drove us apart like miles away from each other?"

"Lack of communication." Louis answers easily. "We were both wrong. I think that the 'friends with benefits' thing wasn't our most bright plan."

"You might be right." Harry agrees. "But like- I really enjoyed it."

"Me too." Louis nods. "But I think that, if we want to stay close and want to keep things alright between us, we should stop that. Otherwise I don't think we will ever be able to let each other go. My reaction on Josh- You should have been able to stay with him without worrying about losing me. I'm sorry about that, H. You've lost a chance at love only because I reacted like a dick."

"But you didn't." Harry disagrees. "And don't worry about me losing Josh. I only got with him because I thought you were going to stand there with someone else and I didn't want to embarrass myself."

"So you embarrassed me?" It doesn't sound harsh, more teasingly, but it doesn't take away the meaning from Louis' words.

"I'm sorry. We should have talked before I left. I should have listened to you. I was also convinced that you wanted to couple up with Aiden if he hadn't left the villa."

"Was never interested in that." Louis admits. "I only wanted to stay with you."

"When I saw you standing there, alone, waiting for me- I knew I had made the biggest mistake I could possibly make. I'm sorry for hurting you."

"I'm sorry for reacting that heavily towards you and for ignoring you. I was hurt and I thought because you brought someone else, that I had lost you."

"You will never lose me." Harry looks straight into Louis' eyes. "Really, I'm way too attached to you for you to lose me. You'll have to do everything to get rid of me."

Louis laughs and shakes his head.

"I'm so glad we're talking again. I missed you, really a lot."

"I missed you too. I'm sorry for pushing you away."

"Because it's all about communication now between us; I need to tell you something."

"Wait, let me go first! I have to tell you that when you were in Casa Amor, I have kissed Hannah, or Hannah has kissed me. It didn't mean anything and I was drunk and sad and I pushed her away a few seconds later. I just – You had to know that. It was nothing, meant nothing, but I don't want to keep anything for you anymore."

"Thanks for telling me." Harry only nods. "I wanted to tell you that I would like to stay coupled up to you if that's okay. I just- I'd rather finish this adventure with my best friend, someone I feel comfortable around."

"Of course it's okay, H but what about finding love? Don't you want to fall in love with someone? I just don't want you to regret this experience because you settled for staying with me."

"It's not settling, Lou. I love to be around you. I also have accepted that probably no one is coming in anymore, and if there is someone that the chance is very small that it's the love of my life. I don't think the time is there yet. If you have a change of heart and still want to look for someone you might fall in love with then-"

"No, it's alright, H." Louis cuts him off. "I have given up on love." again.