Episode 16: Fights around the pool

I'm preparing drama in my head xoxo

Waking up without Harry by his side feels weird, but Louis knows that it's going to change already today. Yesterday night Kendall came back too late for Harry to still talk to her, but he promised Louis that today they were going to talk and he would make clear to her that he doesn't have any romantic feelings towards her.

So Louis' mood is a lot better in the morning when he is having breakfast with Danielle, Eleanor and Taylor.

"What's that smile, Lou?" Danielle teases. "What happened?"

"Talked stuff out with Harry. I'm glad we're not fighting anymore. Again sorry about yesterday, Eleanor. I really wasn't in the right state of mind when –"

"It's alright." Eleanor cuts him off. "We've both agreed that we're not interested in each other like that, right?"

A breath of relief leaves Louis' mouth and he nods, giving her a smile.

"You're cool, El. I'm glad you're here and I hope you find someone quickly. Would like to keep you around for the ride."

"Am I being replaced here?" Danielle crosses her arms and lifts her eyebrow, making Louis roll his eyes playfully.

"Could never replace you. You're like the annoying sister that I never – Wait, I do have like five of them, but you're still special okay?"

"You're the worst."

Their conversation gets cut short because some screaming that's being heard: Harry and Kendall.

"You were leading me on!" Kendall's hands are resting on her hips and she gives Harry an angry glare. There are tears in her eyes but Louis suspects they are more from anger than hurt, or maybe both.

He feels a little bit guilty about the situation. It's for him that Harry is doing this right now. But on the other hand; Harry is an adult. He can make his own choices.

"I'm sorry." He apologises. "I really like you, Ken but I don't have those intentions with you."

"You could have told me that."

She is right.

"You are right." It's like Harry reads Louis' mind. "But, and it's my mistake that I just assumed, I thought you knew that I'm close to Lou."

"Louis is not here for a relationship, Harry and everybody knows it."

"She knows I'm right here, yeah?" Louis mumbles under his breath.

"Yeah, it's not like she's giving brand new information, Louis." Danielle says. "She can point that out to Harry. I would've done that too in her situation;"

"It doesn't matter. I just really want to stay with him right now."

"That's just not fair." She shakes her head furiously. "Because you will never end up in something more with him and you don't even want to give me a chance because you're just following his ass around like a lost puppy. We click, Harry. Are you really going to give that up for someone that literally tells you, everybody, the whole fucking world, that he never wants something serious? Because then you're more stupid than I thought. This is love island, not friends with benefits island."

Harry is silent and Louis is waiting patiently for him to shoot back. He really hopes he is not going to give a shit about what Kendall just said, but knowing Harry he is definitely going to give a shit.

"I have made my decision." Is all Harry says. "Louis is forever, and that's what counts. I don't care in which way, but he is forever. He is here with me and makes me feel good and that's what important to me right now. I'm looking for my soulmate. "

That makes Louis' heart jump out of his chest. Harry wants to keep him in his life. That's something new. Usually people can't wait to drop Louis.

"He's not your soulmate, Harry. He doesn't want you." Kendall is literally going crazy because of Harry. She is convinced that the boy is actually stupid.

"But you are not either."

Everybody looks at Harry with big eyes. It was short, harsh and probably hurt Kendall.

"Luckily." She huffs. "Do whatever the fuck you want. I don't care. If I knew you weren't even going to give love a try, I'd never picked you anyway. Go play someone else. You can't deny you have given mixed signals, you really can't."

"That's why I'm apologising!"

"Well, apology not accepted."

Harry looks hurt and Louis wants to stand up and run up to him, give him a tight hug but Danielle stops him.

"Honestly, Louis I know you care about Harry but – You're ruining this for him."

"I'm not." Louis refuses to believe he isn't good for Harry. "Look, he is my very best friend okay? And Kendall wasn't good enough for him anyway."

"Neither was Camille." Eleanor comments. "That was clear on tv."

"And nobody ever will, Louis. Or you get your head out of your ass and admit that you like him, or you let him go. What's going on between the two of you, it's not healthy."

"You know nothing about our bond." Louis snaps before leaving the girls by themselves. He runs up to Harry and pulls him in a close hug, kissing his curls.

"It's okay, H. You have done nothing wrong, okay? She's just pissed that you haven't picked her."

"But she's right." Harry's voice breaks when he speaks. "She is fucking right. I'm picking you over someone who could possibly fall in love with me."

"Harry..."

"I don't know, Lou. You are my very best friend in here and I like what we do. You make me feel really good but what, what if our arrangement is like a kind of blind fold that makes me lose sight of my actual goal here; finding love? Finding my soulmate?"

"Then I'll be your eyes. Harry, Kendall is not the one for you and neither was Camille but – I want you to be happy okay? And when the one is walking through the door – you will see it, blindfold or not."

"Am I stupid to trust you?"

"I don't know, H. Are you? I just want the best for you, okay? I promise." Louis thinks he has never been this sincere in his life.

Both boys are so caught up in each other that they don't notice the new person that has joined them.