Chapter 11

Sebastian

There's no reply from whoever called me for long enough to make me contemplate just hanging up. It's way past midnight, after all. Certainly not the time to have a call, which is why I'm curious enough to stay on the line. Even though it's a time when most people would be asleep. A time when I sure as hell should be asleep rather than abusing my punching bag to release some of this undying, unjustified anger within me.

All because of a certain honey-eyed, golden-haired girl and her stupid decision to fuck my best friend in my home. Now, her moans are the only thing I can think of whenever I want to walk down the corridor leading to my room.

Yeah, I'm not getting any sleep tonight. I'll just stay in my gym until it's time for my morning run and hope that I can finally pass out after that.

At first, I even contemplated calling the girl I was with earlier tonight, but that idea was quickly discarded. I already turned her down once today. Inviting her over just to do it again would make me a jerk. And there's no way I wouldn't turn her down when it's all I've done with any girl for months.

It's the same bullshit every time, I indulge in flirting and maybe kiss a girl but in the end, I never feel like taking it any further than that even when there's nothing wrong with her.

Ever since I met that infuriating nurse that turned out to be a lot less sweet than first anticipated. It's funny how I thought I met an angel only for her to turn up at my party dressed like a stripper in the same month.

Of course, she and my friends think that I haven't changed my ways since I can't seem to stop picking up girls in front of them. They don't know that I just get a kick out of the jealousy in Aliena's eyes whenever I turn my attention to someone else.

It's only fair I pay her back for how she flirts non-stop with my best friend, for fuck's sake. Call me stupid but I guess I thought it was just a game we were playing but as it turns out, we weren't on the same page about the rules. She confirmed that when she fucked Mattheo while I left my date after watching a movie without so much as a kiss.

My agitation grows and I'm about to either snap at the person over the phone or simply end the call when a soft noise stops me. A sniffle. A sound that's eerily familiar.

"Seb?" a shaky voice asks. Her voice. Just a much softer, flimsier version of it that triggers all the wrong emotions and instincts in me. I stand up straighter, the hairs on my arms rising.

"Aliena? Whose phone are you calling me from? What's going on?" I ask, no longer feeling my earlier rage. Just a whole lot of confusion. And maybe a little worry as I squint at the foreign number on my screen.

She sniffles again. "I'm using the telephone booth. Someone stole my phone."

I'm already moving toward the door when I ask, "Stole your phone? Who stole your phone, Aliena? Someone at the party? And what are you doing out at this hour? Didn't Mattheo give you a ride?" God, so many questions are buzzing in my head, I don't know what to focus on.

"No. I was walking home when someone attacked me." She hiccups and I can feel my stomach tighten. Someone attacked her? What the fuck? "Seb, I don't feel too good."

Those words have a whole bucket of ice crashing over me and I stop dead in my tracks, giving her my whole attention.

"Are you hurt, Aliena? Where's the booth, exactly? I'm coming."

"I don't know. Um, he hit me and took my bag. And I fell but I don't know if I hit my head. I'm just really dizzy. I don't want to walk home anymore," she says, her words breaking off with a choked sob. I press the elevator button repeatedly, my mind racing.

"You don't have to, Baby. You don't have to go anywhere. I'm on my way, okay? Just stay on the phone. Is the booth on your way home?" I ask her urgently. What the fuck is wrong with Mattheo for letting her walk at this hour? First, he fucks her, and then he's too good to make sure she gets home safely. I'll kill him. Right after I found whoever made my friend sound so fucking scared and shaken and killed him too.

Finally, the elevator opens slowly. God, everything is moving so damn slowly. "Mhm," Aliena replies as I get in. She sniffles again. "I'm really dizzy, Sebastian. I think I have to sit down and close my eyes for a second," she adds. I'm already shaking my head.

"Don't close your eyes, Aliena. Just keep talking to me until I'm there. Can you tell me more about the person that robbed you?"

"He was hooded. It was too dark to see anything. Um, he has a mean right hook though," she mumbles and I don't like that wobbly sound at all. It doesn't suit Aliena. She's loud, and cheery, and obnoxious, most of the time, but she's not weak and unsure.

Jesus Christ, and did she say he hit her? My hand tightens around my phone and my blood starts boiling, images of Aliena being jumped on her way home. Images of that taunting, pretty face with even a single bruise make me want to snap.

I'm absolutely killing Mattheo for letting her walk home. And I hope she's ready for a lecture about how stupid she was to go out alone and unprotected this late. She lives a twenty-minute drive away. By foot and in those ridiculous heels she insists on wearing everywhere, it would take her forever. What was she thinking?

————————
I love switching pov's, anyone w me?👀

Thanks for reading and don't forget to have an outstanding day<3