Chapter 21

Sebastian

Again, my whole body ignites at the single, innocent contact with her. Not for the first time, I ask myself why. Why does she have to make me feel this way? Why is she the only person that can excite me more than anyone else and bring my whole body to life?

Her face lights up as if she felt the same as I did and then she twirls, letting her hair fly in a wide arc and then flop over her shoulder as she stops with her back to me. For a few beats, there's a distance between our bodies. Then she looks back at me with a challenge in her eyes and I take a step forward, letting the hand that isn't holding hers find her waist.

She moves backward the rest of the way so our bodies are up against each other and we're swaying to the beat together. Her movements are big, her hips moving in a wide loop again and again while her arms move in all directions.

I'll say I'm doing a good job at keeping up with her for an ogre, despite the distraction my hardening dick is providing. Fuck, but my body feels tingly and warm like it never has. Maybe it's because of how long it's been since I had sex and a proper release. Maybe it's just that it's Aliena I'm this close with.

Either way, I despise that she has this sort of power over me. And I despise even more that I can never act on these feelings and find out what it would be like to take this further. To touch her without the barrier of her silk dress between our skin. To fuck her and be the reason a room is flooded with the sweet symphony of her moans- moans that I know the sound of since they've been engraved in my mind.

One of her hands finds mine on her hips and she clasps down over it, making me hold her tighter as she rests her head against my chest, her moves never faltering. Then she moves my hand further down, over her hips, and, to my great dismay, to her bare thigh.

Her skin is smooth and soft and incredibly warm. My fingers dig into the taunt flesh, images of those thighs spread for me momentarily occupying my mind. Then I catch myself and bring my hand back to her hips, holding her just enough to not restrict her movements. I wouldn't dream of limiting her.

We keep dancing and I lose track of time. Sweat lines my hairline, neck, and even my back. I can feel it and yet, I'm surprisingly unbothered by it. Look at me, someone who's not a fan of dancing, losing myself in it so thoroughly. Aliena is a witch.

She eventually turns around, her face bright, and throws her arms around my neck. Then she keeps dancing, making my whole situation so much worse with how she looks up at me as her lower stomach rubs against my erection.

She knows exactly what she's doing- what she's making me feel- and she's loving every second of it, the wicked woman. But I'm not the only one that's getting turned on by this. No, her body's like putty in my hands and even her fingers move at a sultry pace in my hair. Most importantly, her lidded eyes are telling me exactly what she's thinking about as they drop to my lips.

She comes impossibly closer, her arms tightening around my neck. Then she looks at me expectantly, almost hopefully, and I nearly cave right there. Nearly lower my head just a few inches to bring my lips to hers and devour her like I've been thinking about ever since I first met her.

But I can't. I can never take it as far as I want with her. Whether I like it or not, she's a lasting person in my life and it would be impossible to stop seeing her after we took things where my mind is currently going. And since I could never be in a relationship with her, all crossing that line would do is complicate things.

Mattheo might be okay with sleeping with her and then seeing her with others, but I could never. Once I had her, she'd feel too much like mine, and the possessiveness and jealousy I already feel when it comes to her would be too much to take.

No, there's no way I'll go there.

I pull away, take my hands from her hips and take one of hers again, trying not to make things too awkward with a harsh rejection. "Let's rejoin the others. I'm sure they're missing the birthday girl by now," I say and start leading her away before I can take a too-close look at her faltering expression.

The closer we get to the VIP platform, the more her hand in mine starts to feel wrong and I become unsure of what to do. Our friends aren't aware of our occasional moments and since changing that would only bring up unwanted questions, I refuse to do it.

I release her hand and meet her eyes over my shoulder, my face impassive. "I don't dance," I tell her, knowing she'll take her hint. By now, her face is no longer glowing. She's still achingly beautiful, though.

We get onto the platform together but while I return to the empty couch, Aliena plops down next to Mattheo. That's another reason why I wouldn't fuck her. It's clear that I'm her second choice and I don't do second.

And so the night resumes with the girl I just danced with and my best friend flirting loudly while the couple on the other couch is making out or talking intimately. Then there's me, pretending to watch the crowd as I down drink after drink, trying to tune out the idiots on my left.

Yeah, I love fifth wheeling.

Every now and again, someone throws a question around and a group discussion breaks out. That's when I'm forced to look at Aliena when she speaks, instantly wishing I hadn't when I note her legs thrown over Mattheo's while he gently caresses her skin.

That's about enough for me.

My eyes flick back to a girl in the crowd I've been watching for a few minutes now. She has shoulder-length brown hair, a heart-shaped face, and nice, full lips. She looks good and since she's dancing right in front of the platform, I noticed her. She noticed me too and has been throwing me glances every now and again as she swayed her hips to the beat.

I get up from my seat and walk toward the end of the platform. "I'll see you later," is all I say to my friends, and I don't miss the way Aliena's eyes narrow on me, then jump to the girl. I guess she has been paying enough attention to see our silent interactions before. My intoxicated mind finds that very interesting and I'd be lying if I said I didn't get a small kick out of getting a reaction.

I meet the girl on the dancefloor and shoot her a lazy grin when she smiles demurely and says, "Hey."

"Hey, gorgeous. What do you say we go somewhere a bit more private? My friends are too curious and they already noticed me watching you. I don't need to give them any more reason to talk," I tell her, laughing softly. She joins in and coincidentally touches my shoulder.

"Sure, I'd like that," she finally says. I take her hand and start leading her away with one last fleeting look at my friends, who are already watching me as expected. Oh well, let them watch if they get off on it, I guess.

I take the girl back to the corridor lined with bathrooms, doing my best to walk straight so as not to seem too drunk. I might've had a drink too many considering I like not to lose control of myself but I'm still feeling good enough.

Once we're alone, the girl doesn't waste any time grabbing my face and kissing me. She's tall, enough so that I don't have to lean down which is a blessing since any acrobatics I'd have to do now wouldn't be an easy feat.

She kisses well, gentle enough for the beginning, though there is something demanding in her touch that I don't mind at all. My hands find her waist and I pull her a little closer, enjoying the fact that there are no overwhelming fireworks as I touch her. This is simple.

A throat clears obnoxiously somewhere nearby and the girl in my arms pulls away to find the source of it. I know who it is before I see the cross-armed birthday girl a few feet away. I give the girl that still hasn't introduced herself a pat on the arm and nod towards the nearest door to one of the bathrooms.

"Why don't you wait for me in there while I deal with my friend? I'll make it quick," I tell her in a lowered voice.

She nods and leaves, but not before saying, "Just for the record, I only believe that that isn't an angry girlfriend because I saw her on your friend's lap before. I'm no homewrecker." I smile and nod solemnly. That's something to like her for.

I'm still smiling when I stroll toward Aliena. The closer I get, the more amusement fills me. God, her face is red. She's mad.

————————
Oncoming drama...

Have the best day<3