Chapter 22

Sebastian

Before I get the chance to speak, she snaps at me, "Is it that hard for you to keep it in your pants for one night?"

It's clear to say that that wipes the smile off my face really quickly and so much indignation fills me at her unjustified question that I almost get whiplash. Maybe the alcohol is making me sensitive or maybe I've been holding on to this since she pulled that move with Mattheo but my voice is almost shrill when I retort. "Look who's talking!"

She huffs at me. "One person. One time since I've known you, Sebastian! What did you expect me to do, live a celibate life because you don't want me but you also don't want anyone else to have me? And meanwhile, I get to watch you have a different girl every night?" Her voice is shaky and breaks at the end of her sentence but I don't let it get to me. No, no matter what reasons she might think she has to be upset, she's fucking wrong.

I decide to finally tell her that. "There are no girls! There haven't been since I met you, Aliena, so to answer your question, no, it isn't hard to keep it in my pants for one night. It just doesn't appeal to me this particular one. Now crawl back to Mattheo, will you, because you're right, I don't want you."

I practically spit the words and I can see them hit the bullseye when she clamps her mouth shut. A part of me rebels against leaving her like this, with her stupid hurt expression and those damned tears in her eyes. The sight doesn't make me nearly as triumphant as I thought it might.

And now we're here, both our chests heaving with deep breaths as we stare at each other. Before I can cave and even think about apologizing, I turn and go to the bathroom I told the other girl to wait in. Just like that.

I lock the door behind me and slam my lips to hers, hoping to drown out the war raging in my head. This serves her right. After the shit she pulled with Mattheo in my house, she deserves to think that I can enjoy someone else just as much.

Even though I know I can't and I know I won't. Tonight, despite the alcohol and my anger, won't be any different from all the others. I'll entertain this nice woman, make out with her for long enough to let Aliena's mind run all sorts of scenarios about what I'm doing to her, and then go back out as if nothing happened.

That time turns out to be around forty minutes. Forty minutes that felt like a lot longer. Luckily, my company was nice enough and she seemed to enjoy my approach of not taking any clothes off of either one of us. After telling her some excuse and that it was nice to meet her, I leave the bathroom and return to the VIP section of the club.

The party's still going strong but somehow, the colors seem a little duller as I make my way to my friends. If only my conscious would stop bothering me with the image of Aliena's silly hurt expression. So what if I offended her a little, she didn't care about my feelings two weeks ago.

The thing I immediately notice is that only three people are on the couches. The birthday girl is missing and it doesn't sit quite right with me. Overall, I'd describe the mood up here to be somber as hell considering where we are. Even the lovebirds don't have their heart eyes on.

I force my lazy smile to remain as I casually ask, "Where's the guest of honor?"

"Home. She just texted," Lily replies. That has me halting in my tracks and I can feel a brow rise on my forehead as I turn to Mattheo.

"And how exactly did she get there?" I ask him, my harsh tone betraying my cool façade.

"I don't know since she left without notice," he says through gritted teeth. And here I thought messing up his knee would teach him a lesson about not making sure our friend got home safely. If I didn't already know she made it home safely tonight, I'd have to give him another friendly reminder.

"You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" my friend then adds.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I demand.

"It means that she was fine before you started eye-fucking that girl and left with her," he retorts without missing a beat. I just shrug, unwilling to agree that he has a point. "Why would you connect those two occurrences? What I do with whom is none of your business and it certainly doesn't concern Aliena."

"Oh, please, we all know that's bullshit. I don't understand what the hell is up with you two but it's clear that something is up!" he has the nerve to fucking exclaim. That does I for me and I snap.

"Oh, so there is something between us, huh? You didn't seem to think that when you fucked her in my house. No, of course, I'm the bad guy as soon I do the same. Fuck you!"

"Whoa, what? You slept with Aliena?" Lily interjects.

"Yeah, she didn't tell you? Funny considering that you saw her hours later. You know, at the hospital after she was attacked on her way home since Mattheo didn't think to give her a fucking ride home after he was done with her."

Lily mutters something more but it's Mattheo's loud voice that demands my attention.

"What? What do you mean she was attacked?" he demands.

"It seems I was the only one here with all the information. Ups. What did you think I fucked your knee up for?" I ask him.

"I thought you did it because you are a fucking psycho!" he's quick to reply. Of course, he's not fully wrong. After the way he taunted me through the locked door, I really didn't need much more motivation to take some of my emotions out on him.

Andrew sputters from where he's sitting, entering the conversation for the first time. "Whoa, hang on. You dislocated his knee?" he demands. Ups, I guess I forgot how twisted the whole story was and how little Andrew knew of it all. It looks like I'm going to be here for a while.

Cheers to that.

————————
I love drama *inserts wistful sigh

Have the most brilliant day and thank you for reading<3