Chapter 120

"You'll probably feel a bit sick. Please, don't be." the Doctor requested politely, ignoring the gun that was pointed at him. He was holding a card tray with three coffees on it, he'd wanted to set up a coffee date with his wife, but alas, life got in the way.

"Where's my brother?" the woman in a green flight suit demanded in a wavering tone, confused about where she was or how she had gotten here.

"Hello, I'm the Doctor." He greeted the woman as he passed a drink to his wife "this is Morgana, my wife"

"Thank you, Dearest" Morgana smiled up at him, and he felt pleasure swell in his chest at making his wife happy.

"He was right beside me. Where's Kai? How did I get here?" The woman questioned rapidly as she spun in a circle looking for this brother of hers.

"I materialised a time capsule exactly round you and saved your life one second before your ship exploded but do, please keep crying." He snarked in annoyance; while it was easy for him to do such a thing, it was still impressive, and he'd given up time with his wife; he was practically a saint!

"My brothers just died." The woman spat out in a grief-stricken tone.

"Isn't that the way of life?" Morgana questioned airily as she took a sip of her tea made with sun leaves that her husband so thoughtfully cultivated himself, unfortunately, the leaves didn't exist anywhere else.

"His sister didn't." the Doctor pointed out before adding "You're very welcome. Put the gun down."

"Or what?" the woman questioned as her hand shook. Neither one of the quasi-immortals was very impressed with the threat.

"Or you might shoot me. Then where will you be?" he questioned in annoyance, he noted how different this incarnation of himself was, snarky and short-tempered, less forgiving of idiocy. His previous selves had always been charmed by human idiocy, but he was more reminiscent of his ninth self.

"Most certainly dead" Morgana drawled as she took a sip of her tea, sitting back and enjoying the show her husband was putting on, her Dearests new personality was such fun

"I could kill you too" Journey pointed out triumphantly "then I'll be In charge of your vessel."

"How...quaint", Morgana smirked in amusement.

"You'd starve to death trying to find the light switch." The Doctor rolled his eyes, not bothering to point out the inability to kill his wife, well permanently "Who are you?"

"I'm Lieutenant Journey Blue of the Combined Galactic Resistance. I demand you take me back to my command ship, the Aristotle, which is currently located-"Journey was cut off by her husband's voice, irritation mounting as he contemplated just leaving the woman on an asteroid somewhere.

"No. Hey, not like that." The Doctor scolded her with a frown, pointing his finger at her in annoyance.

"You will take me back to my command ship, which is currently positioned-"Journey tried again, attempting to gain control of the situation she was in.

"Hmm, the clear desperation isn't helping you" Morgana pointed out helpfully

"No, no. Come on. Not like that. Not like that. Get it right" The Doctor instructed her, and Journey lowered her gun, realising the futility and attempted another path.

"Will you take me back to my ship? Please?" Journey pleaded

The Doctor stared at her intensely before nodding his head "The Aristotle's the big fella parked in the asteroid belt, yeah?" he questioned rhetorically as he set the TARDIS moving