Chapter 10

-200 years later-

"Marcellus, I don't care if you're over two hundred I am not shortening your name" she informed her son curtly

"Mom, it's ridiculous and so old fashioned" her son whined, he might be ancient in contrast to mortals but to the immortals? He was barely out of his little boy pants. Quite frankly Morgana wanted to coddle him more, he was her youngest baby and she wasn't ready to let him go yet. 

"it's far more princely" she teased him light heartedly

"I do suppose it fits the whole crown prince of New Orleans" he huffed in amusement, but smugness seeped into his tone

"ah, don't forget who's the Queen baby" she poked at him lightly, Morgana had always been careful with who she brought into her family, and who she offered immortality to-it was not for everyone and especially with her. 

Morgana took in young children and raised them as her very own, when one turned into a vampire, their emotions were dialled up to a thousand. love for one's mother was a powerful thing when properly cultivated. 

Her siblings on the other hand didn't have to worry about that. Finn had only turned a handful throughout his years, Elijah was a snob, Nico enjoyed his sycophants, Kol didn't care about who lived or died unless they sparked his interest- he did so hate having broken toys and Rebekah was selective but there were always accidents.

Her children were also rather selective, though her twins took after Kol and were chaotic but responsible when they did turn people, they understood the ramifications of introducing someone to eternal life. 

"ha, as if I could mama and anyways you need to visit New Orleans soon, I miss you as does Bekah" Marcellus carried on while Morgana passed a store proclaiming a sale

"I know, my little sun, but I have a lot of responsibilities to juggle, it's rare my siblings deign to help me" Morgana complained good-naturedly as she leaned against the wall of Henrick's, a large clothing store in the...less affluent part of London. 

"well it's not fair mom I haven't seen you in five years" he complained she could hear him shuffling about in his study, she could practically picture his pout and big brown eyes looking sad.

"sweet one, I'm the Queen- and despite legends stating I'm not real, I am, I have a lot of responsibilities despite all the help- even Elijah the dutiful one gets bored and disappears every now and then on me, I'm always jumping from one thing to another and when I'm not ruling I'm visiting my children or my covens or my wolf pack" she explained again, her heart pinging in regret, despite having eternity she never seemed to have enough time. The irony was not lost on her. 

"I know" Marcellus seemed disheartened and she bit her lip, he wasn't her newest vampire, that would be James who she had turned in the 1990s but she had not raised James, but he was a nomad that liked to hide away in the wilderness, a bit of an odd duck but that's what had intrigued her in the first place. 

"look, baby, I've sorted out the ripper problem in London okay? And I've dealt with the London coven, so how about I hop on a plane in the next couple of days and come and visit?" she questioned, and she could picture the bright grin on his face

"really? That would be awesome!" Marcellus said delighted, and she had the brief flash of eleven-year-old Marcellus when he visited a circus for the first time.

As she went to reply, Morgana heard a scream causing her head to jerk in the direction of the basement doors of the store.

"what was that?" Marcellus asked intrigued, stilling in his office chair

"Mmm, trouble I suppose, I'll call later baby" she replied, not waiting for a reply she hung up and flitted to the doors, easily breaking the handles before she slid into the darkened hallway.