Chapter 126

"We should say goodbye" the Doctor spoke quietly from beside Morgana, the pair were lounging in sunchairs as their family sprawled around them in the back gardens of their Paris villa, in the height of regency because Rebekah had lamented missing their dresses- despite the corsetry- and Jenny was interested in visiting the time period.

"You want to go back to the modern era?" Morgana asked and he shot her a droll look at the way she was deflecting.

"No, to..." he trailed off but firmed himself and finished his thought "Clara"

Morgana paused and set aside her bloody mary- blood replacing the tomato juice as she focused on her husband "Dearest, it took three days for you to stop crying, three months to climb out of bed and four months after that to start eating again. We've been here for twenty years and you still struggle with saying her name..."

He fiddled with a flower that CeCe had given him and felt his cheeks burn with shame "I'm Sor-"

"No" Morgana cut him off "you don't apologise for your emotions in this family, We all have heightened emotions and dealing with them takes time"

He sent her a gentle smile, eyes loving and fond "I love you but its time to move on, being with our family, its- well, not healed me but soothed me I suppose but I can't heal until I've faced the problem, said goodbye"

Morgana hummed but nodded "very well, Dearest"

"Will you play nice?" he asked her "let me fight this battle"

She tsk'd and glanced away "If that's your wish"

"You can't always throw yourself on the sword" he told her as he stood pressing a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"Not if you keep stopping me" she complained but followed after him.

The TARDIS materialised in the back space of a baggage cart, amidst a rack of suitcases and the Doctor stepped out, wearing a black suit with a white handkerchief in the breast pocket with a loose bow tie, he held out his hand and helped his stunning wife out of the TARDIS.

She looked amazing in a floor length, dark maroon sequined V-neck 1920s Dress, layered pearl necklaces draped around her neck with elbow length black opera gloves and a black Beaded Feather Flapper Headband with pearls dangling into her golden hair.

Clara stepped out next wearing a flapper dress, in black her hair in a jaw length bob, fringe held back with a jewelled pin.

"Your train awaits, my lady." The Doctor winked at Morgana

"Ah, you spoil me" Morgana pressed a kiss to his cheek and he looked bashfully pleased.

"Wonderful." Clara stated as she glanced around.

"The baggage car." The Doctor said but added on "But thanks for lying. The real wonderful is through here."

He gestured as the train bell rings, music coming from nearby.

"There were many trains to take the name Orient Express, but only one in space." The Doctor said cheerfully "I've been meaning to bring my sweetheart and seeing as how this is our last hurrah..."

He dithered for a moment before offering his wife his arm, and leading them into the lounge. There were comfortable chairs placed down the side of the carriage, a bar at one end and armed men standing guard. The band was playing a slow jazz version of Don't stop me now by Queen, the lady was a quite renowned singer called Foxes.

"Of course, it is." Clara said as she looked around in interest.

'So don't stop me now.'

"Completely faithful recreation of the original Orient Express. Except slightly bigger. And in space. Oh, and the rails are actually hyperspace ribbons. But in every other respect, identical. Painstaking attention to detail." The Doctor explained to Clara and Morgana as a man with a bald head, big red beard and steampunk eyepatch barged in between them, and he gently steered his wife out the way, taking the hit.