Chapter 3

Papa had been heartbroken and devastated by the loss of Freya, never allowing Morrigan out of his sight and snapping at anyone who tried to suggest that she be left by herself. He trusted none but himself to take care of his Little Queen. 

His precious daughter Freya, his love and lady, was named for a Goddess because she was his divine gift and would one day be as beautiful and powerful as her namesake...well, now she wouldn't. struck down and stolen away by a plague, his daughter! Why hadn't his wife done something?! She was a powerful witch! it's why he had taken her to wife! but she had failed him, failed his daughter. Pathetic. 

Instead, Mikael had demanded that she and Ayana find another place for them to live, he couldn't bear to remain on this island where he'd lost his daughter, wouldn't risk his other and he cared for his sons as well. But Mikael could admit that he preferred his daughters to his sons, and always would. 

They had consulted with the spirits and been told about a place in the new world, where they could live peacefully. So they set sail as soon as possible. Elijah didn't understand what was going on or where his other sister was, in fear he'd clutched tightly to Morrigan whenever father had put her down.  Finn had become very quiet and sad, understanding that he'd lost a sister forever but not knowing how long forever truly was. 

Morrigan was broken, half of a whole without her twin. she was always looking to her left, searching for Freya, but Freya was gone. It hurt, hurt badly and while she travelled around the island going to their spots it hurt because now Morrigan was alone and she didn't want to leave her home but Papa would not yield. 

So there would be no more trips to watch the lights whenever they wanted, no more playing with the Sami children and the wolf warriors who were always kind. No more watching the eels in the barrels or swimming in the sea snatching blue mussel shells to turn into jewellery. No more hunting through the woods or picking flowers...

Papa had gone completely cold to the outside world, Ice-blue eyes frigid and unyielding, hiding the pain in his soul. Snapping and sneering at his wife and treating his sons with indifference or constant disappointment, pushing them to work harder and to get better. the world was unforgiving, he'd been given that sharp reminder and so he'd ensure his children were strong enough to take on the world. 

Morrigan he kept either close enough to grab or in his arms, where he could keep his safe, unlike his wife who failed him and lost one of his little witches. 

The journey to the new world was exciting, to begin with, Morrigan had been on their boats but never so far and quickly the delight of being on the sea became dull and monotonous. Morrigan tried to spend time with her siblings but Papa would not allow it, always keeping a sharp eye out in case of any attacks. Morrigan missed her time with her little brothers but was glad to be kept far away from her mother, for some reason she always got a sinking feeling in her gut whenever she was close. 

When they finally landed Morrigan was relieved and they were soon put to work setting up their community, building houses, settling the livestock and beginning to prep for the upcoming winter. Morrigan rather liked the forested land, it was filled with a magic of a different feel to Morrigan and she enjoyed exploring their land but still desperately missed her island home. 

Mother had become very close to Ayana after being kept away from her children by Mikael who was still coldly furious with her. Morrigan didn't think that was ever going to change...There was also new wolf spirits, who called themselves werewolves, Father didn't like them and they were standoffish so Morrigan didn't spend much time with them either. 

Mother and father had pulled further away, they were usually formal towards each other but since the death of her twin, there was an icy resentment that permeated the air, Morrigan tried to keep Finn and Elijah as far away as possible from it all, taking them out to do chores and to play. Morrigan had taken more of the burden of raising her brothers and taking care of the house, Mother had been too busy, with what, Morrigan didn't know but still, the house had to be taken care of along with her brothers. 

Finn was a gentle boy who was sensitive to it, so he was happy to hide behind his sister and Elijah was an obedient boy who worshipped the ground she walked on just like Finn, He'd slowly been trying to act more serious and mature but Morrigan knew he was still as mischievous as ever. The chickens being let loose in the middle of the night was one of his smarter acts. 

Papa hadn't wanted to let her go but he needed to provide for their family so he slowly went back to hunting and occasionally joining a raid however, he loathed being away for months at a time and the last time he'd gone on one, he'd come home to a dead daughter and another on death's door. But duty was duty, so he went and brought back riches, giving Morrigan several prized pieces that he'd found, she was a Queen after all, and deserved the best.  For his sons, he brought weapons and taught them to use them, nit-picking when they got the stances wrong or did something he deemed as a failure, they were relieved when he would ignore them at any other time. 

Mother, was no longer mother, just Esther, far too caught up in her own life to even bother with them anymore. Morrigan took it in stride and took on more responsibility, all while ignoring the small, hurt part of her heart that just wanted her mother's love. 

A/N- I still don't own Vampire diaries or Doctor who, this was a really small chapter but the next one will be long. please vote/comment?