Chapter 9

18th century

Her family had been moaning about having some sort of permeant residence where they didn't have to hide so like always, Morgana got them what they had wanted. She convinced them to get on a boat and they arrived in 1720, where she showed them the land given by Louis XV and informed them it was to be named New Orleans and it would become their permeant home along with being a beacon for the supernatural.

There were wolves there for Nico, humans for Rebekah, room for Elijah's precious Strix and for Kol space for him to create a coven for himself.

It hadn't looked like much but when she was done with it, it was a thriving area filled with distinct music, Creole cuisine, unique dialect, and its annual celebrations and festivals, most notably Mardi Gras, it was world-renowned and Morgana made their official slogan 'Laissez les bon temps rouler' translated to as 'let the good times roll'.

While a human representative was placed and replaced every now and again Morgana cemented New Orleans as one of her royal residences, along with it being a supernatural sanctuary where open-minded creatures could meet and make friends it was firmly under her and her families rule. Even if her family liked to wander, New Orleans belonged to the Mikaelsons.

However in 1815, when they were attending the funeral of the Governor's son who Nico believed had slighted their family and Elijah actually backed him up, Morgana and Nico's eyes had been caught by a little slave boy who had thrown an apple in the face of a slave overseer, they had left the carriage and spoke to the boy. When finding out he had no name Nico proposed Marcellus for his name and she took him for a new son.

She and the rest of her siblings had great fun in raising him, Finn and his wife Sage had wandered off towards the eastern hemisphere, Sage fascinated about exploring the world and Finn happy to indulge his love.

Nico loved the idea of being a mentor, and Elijah enjoyed teaching him about etiquette and the wider world, Marcellus was always eager to please, while Kol was kind towards the boy he was busy with his, and his sister's coven's so they didn't spend much time together. Morgana was pleased to have a new son and have a little heir to New Orleans.

Rebekah had gone to England and had spent almost seventy years there, she had given Morgana odd looks when she came back but never spoke on what had freaked her out, she was soon distracted by Marcellus and they had both fallen deeply in love with each other Morgana having turned him in 1835 when he had requested it.

She had also dragged someone back by the name of Captain Jack Harkness who had carried one of her personal crest necklaces and claimed to know her, which was interesting because she didn't have a clue as to who he was.

She had been wary of him and it didn't help that he blatantly refused to tell her anything but when he told her, her first name then she decided to trust him, plus he had taken a knife for her and finding out he was a different type of immortal was fascinating.

So, she had taken him in, and they had spent some time together, but he had eventually decided to leave and return to Cardiff of all places.

small chapter but double upload! next chapter we meet the Doctor and Rose in ROSE.