A/N- Sorry

Hi- Please Read until the end.

Long time, no see. Sorry about that but life has been well, life. I'm putting LTL on hiatus officially. I've watched the 14/15 and yeaaaaaa...all motivation/Love for Doctor who has just been killed off.

Absolutely nothing to do with the Actors. Everything to do with story lines. It's just, it's just gone completely and utterly downhill.

The meep wasn't necessarily a bad character, it was fine but the constant piling on about pronouns and gender and everything really offset me. Rose, is an awesome character (even tho, seriously? Rose? After Rose Tyler I'm guessing at? Can we stop beating that particular dead horse?)

I loved the LGBTQ+ of yesteryear when Captain Jack was brazen about his sexuality, flirting with everyone, getting pregnant, of Rickey and Jake, Bill Potts and her love, Olive Harper being gay, The Doctor and Jo discuss Alpha Centauri's Pronouns, Cassandra being a trans villain, Clara kissing Jane Austen, The Doctor being flirted at by Shakespeare.

The whole episode surrounding the meep, Rose being trans, The Doctor 'assuming' the meeps pronouns and 'not understanding being a woman'? (BTW WTF?!! The Doctor was LITERALLY A WOMAN HALF A FUCKING HOUR AGO WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!)

The actors were great, the character and story line wouldn't have been bad if it wasn't for the overt fanservice and cramming of being woke and diverse down people's throats.

I get that people are delighted by the episodes, and I can see their point, where they're coming from etc, the silly, fun, wacky Doctor that I adored is being brought to life by amazing actors.

But the storyline, I just, I can't right now. I know I'm risking being accused of things that are blatantly untrue but it is what it is. I much prefer LGBTQ+ being just 'there' off hand as if it's a common thing because it should be.

It comes off as cheap and irritating when any show is trying to show off their 'diverse' character just like when there were more black people taking centre stage or women taking the spotlight, I don't like feeling as if their a showpony or to 'prove' a point. For the show to be like 'LOOK AT US, LOOK AT US, WE'RE DIVERSE, WE'RE WOKE! WE HIRE WOMEN, WE HAVE QUEER CHARACTERS, PRAISE US, PRIASE US BECAUSE WE'RE SHOWING THEM OFF, ROLL UP ROLL UP A BLACK TRANS CHARACTER WHO'S SASSY AND POWERFUL ARE WE GETTING THE POPULAR POINT?!'

Feels like their coasting on 'affirmative action' to get their crappy stories to be popular. It feels cheap.

It was Captain Jack Harkness that first clued me into and reassured me (Along with 9th Doctor) that it was okay to like people for being people and I didn't have to pigeonhole myself into one box and make myself fit in with the rest of society (No, I don't want to get into it)

But the Meep episodes? Urgh I can get why Rose might snap at the Doctor about the meep and the meeps pronouns (having struggled with their own identity and being bullied for it) but it just came off wrong to me. Also the discussion of being understanding/asking for what people are comfortable with and then immediately that character turns out to be evil? Okay........

Donna realising, she gave up millions and then wants to murder the Doctor? Hilarious

'Yes, we know.'

'We know everything, thanks.'

Ah yes, men are stupid, women are smart and clearly the superior sex to all men and of course the black character has to be sassy!

'And you know nothing It's a shame you're not a woman any more, cos she'd have understood.' Really Donna? This is the Doctor a timearistocrat that is billions of years old but cuz they've currently got a rooster between his legs, suddenly he couldn't possibly understand?

'We've got all that power, but there is a way to get rid of it. Something a male-presenting Time Lord will never understand.' Rose, seriously? As someone who's questioned your own identity, you're putting a lot of emphasis on someone being male-presenting, like am I the only one seeing that giant red flag? All those little holes when trying to show off as being morally superior to us plebs?

ALSO The Doctor has been female as 13, but The Master/Missy specifically states that they've known the Doctor 'since he was a little girl'

'Just let it go.' The fuck is this? Frozen?

'And we choose to let it go.' Ah yes because powerful women should just not be allowed in Doctor who and we should just let out silly little feelings go- at least, that's how that metaphor came off as to me.

Wild Blue Yonder? LOVED IT. The monsters where creepy as fuck, the are they/aren't they real between them was amazing, getting glimpses into each other's minds and life's after being separated. The pure fucking acting of Catherine Tate and David Tennant? Fucking breathtaking

They are both amazing, talented actors who have proven their ability time and time again. It's a genuine pleasure to watch them craft.

As for The giggle, Loved it Neil was an amazing villain, honestly I think one of my fav's and I want him back to do more battles. (Thank fuck, no more Dalek, hated the dalek encounter with 13,that episode was pathetic)

I just didn't like the ending.

Okay cool, 14th has all the trauma the Doctor has been toting around and 15th is somehow magically cured? Or pushed it all off on their other self? Doesn't seem like a healthy coping mechanism but whatever. But now? Two TARDIS's? Two Doctors? Hows that supposed to work? Maybe 15th will go back and absorbaloff him? I dunno, it's weird and odd and leaves a bad taste in my mouth and a thread that I need to pull.

Also, okay 14th has gone ahead and decided to rest with Donna, cool, love that, like it. It's nice. But seriously he says he's with his family? Couldn't he mention all his OTHER family members? I don't like how he seems to forget them, not even a off hand comment about them. Where's RIVER YOUR WIFE?! Amy and Rory are stuck in NY but what about BRIAN WILLIAMS, your 'technical' grandfather in law, what about ANTHONY WILLIAMS, your BROTHER IN LAW?! Or not a glimpse of Captain Jack or Martha or a comment about finding Jenny or just something???

Fuck them I guess, that regeneration Amnesia must be hitting hard.

The Church on Ruby Road wasn't bad I suppose? Some parts I really didn't like.

Ncuti Gatwa- AMAZING actor, love his onscreen presence, adore the energy he brings and love how he plays the character of the Doctor. Love, Love, Love. I genuinely can't pick a flaw with him.

Ruby....ehhhh, actress isn't bad I suppose, didn't like how yet another blonde was eyeing up the Doctor and that bit where they're on the roof? Ehh, seemed like they were gonna kiss? Or the dance scene in the club? Where she's ogling him? I didn't like that. I'm not really much of a fan of romance for the Doctor (hypocritical I know but that won't stop me!) the episode wasn't bad but I like getting to the nitty gritty, didn't really care for the whole introduction to Ruby and her life. Didn't care- still kinda don't. but it was a very silly episode, not a bad thing but the singing for the goblin king? Yea very Disney esque and The Hobbit's already done it babes.

But Ruby and 15th can sing so that's nice.

Davina, stop ruining things I like.

I didn't like the TARDIS design- it reminds me of a hamster run and it's so fucking white, I'd go mad. I don't like the sonic either why is it a stupid knock off blackberry esque flip phone thing? And the white light? Why all the white? Don't like it.

But yea, ending of my rant essentially, This is on hiatus while I try to figure out this cluster fuck.

13th storylines are just sucky and 15 is shaping up to be the same way but Ncuti has such a presence about him that I'm sure I'm going to be suckered in once more and I'll suffer through it. But for now, I just, don't have motivation for LTL, I'll try and find it for the ones who want me to continue, I'm determined to but even still urghhhhhhhh.