Ellie Goes Swinging

Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

___

Backstage 'On screen'

The camera showed Ellie backstage talking to a worker.

Becky Lynch walked into view getting a loud reaction. Ellie pauses in mid talk to look over at her.

"I'll take these to them." He excuses himself.

"Thanks and tell Noble I said hello," Ellie folds her arms across her chest. "Can I help you?"

"Seriously," Becky asks, she sighs when Ellie simply raised a brow up at her. "Listen I know you won't ever do it, so I'll be the mature one between us."

"Ah, okay." Ellie nods, smirking in amusement.

"I wanted to come and say I'm sorry,"

Ellie shrugs. "For?"

"For making you feel like I don't have your back." Becky nods. "Although you didn't express that in the best way. It doesn't just have to be you vs everyone. And despite what you think of my friendship with Paige and Charlotte-"

Ellie snorts.

"Cut it out." Becky points to Ellie's simple eye roll. "Despite what you think about it. You are still my best friend back here, and I wouldn't care what they think. If you need me, I'm there, Elle. I always been there."

"Never said you weren't Becky,"

"Then why are you acting like this? Turning into this kind of person, is it because of The Authority?"

"Acting like what?"

"Like this-"

"Okay, first," Ellie holds up a finger. "I'm not acting like anyone you haven't seen before." Becky shakes her head. "Yes, this is who I am Becky. It's only hard to believe because you're standing on the opposite side and not next to me. Regardless of that, I have always been this evil girl, you're just finally realizing I am."

"You weren't always."

"No," Ellie gets in her face. "I just never was to you, don't ever confuse that with me not being who I always am." Becky looks off. "Now if this was your attempt at a mature apology, you failed...miserably."

"Oh like you can do any better,"

"I'm not trying too but I definitely could." Ellie nods. "Want to know the secret? You just say sorry. No bull behind it, owning up to what you did wrong and take accountability. See I got no problem with that. However," Ellie's brows lift with that amused smile. "I didn't do anything that would prompt me to. I don't apologize when I don't mean it. I rather bash my head through the ring mat."