SummerSlam Pt 2

Chapter Twenty-Four___

Chapter Twenty-Four
___

Backstage 'On screen'

Ellie walked backstage in her ref outfit, heading to the ring.

"Excuse me, Ellie?" Renee comes over with a mic. Ellie rolled her eyes continuing to walk. "Can we get a word about the match between Seth Rollins and John Cena?" Ellie stops, looking at her weird. "Everybody out there believes that you got Jon Stewart to get involved as a way to save Seth."

Ellie leans forward. "Everybody?"

"Yes,"

"So why aren't you asking everybody why they think that instead of pointing the mic towards me?"

Renee lowered it with a nod. "It's just-"

"Just what?" Ellie blinks wide eyed waiting. "If the world wants to believe it. Let them. I do not care." She says carelessly. "If I spent time caring what the world thinks I did or didn't, I would not be here." The crowd cheers in agreement. "I'm not the only one back here that Cena has ticked off in a way. You want to tie Ric Flair? That comes with some anger and I got nothing to do with it."

"But-"

"Aht," Ellie stops her with a hand. "Nothing to do with me. Don't run me down for a question with that mic again unless it's sanitized." She eyes her up and down. "What's the matter with you?" Renee goes to answer. "I no longer care get of here."

Renee points. "Now-"

"Yes, now!"

Renee jumps and scurries off.

Ellie rolls her eyes and turns but comes face to face with Paige to a loud reaction from New York.

A smile instantly pulls on her lips. "Well I have your match next but here you are. How can I help you Paige?"

"What is your deal?"

"I beg your pardon?" Ellie folds her arms, head tilting in confusion but that smile remained.

"Why are you the ref tonight?"

"I'm just trying to stay relevant." Ellie hands go to her chest. "I believe those were your words."

"Guess that's the only way you can."

Ellie chuckles. "If those are your thoughts I clearly can't change them."