03

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺

just breathe

The next morning Leyra came out of her Marui, inhaling the fresh air and made her way to the Sully's. Today she and the other Metkayina teens would teach the forest teens their ways in water and on land. Arriving at their Marui she grabbed their attention with "Hey, Sully family." and they greeted her back. Tuk is already so excited to go into the water and Neteyam is happy that Leyra was the one to pick them up.

"Neytiri and Jake, Tonowari is waiting for you in the sea. He wants you to learn to ride a skimwing." Leyra said to them.

"Right. What exactly is a skimwing?" Jake asked confused and looks between Leyra and his mate Neytiri.

"Oh, it is similar to an ikran. You also have to tame it before you can ride it. Pretty difficult." Leyra explained. She knows how hard it is because she has been through it herself. "You know. If Tonowari isn't a good teacher for you, I can show you how to do it. I do have my own skimwing."

"If you tamed an ikran you are a true warrior, is it with skimwings too?" Neteyam asks curiously.

"Yes. If you tamed a skingwing you are going to be seen as a warrior."

"You are a warrior? But you are so young." Neytiri said, kind of worried. Neteyam was impressed that she is a warrior and he likes it.

"Well, I had to grow up early and my only duty was becoming a warrior." Leyra answered.

"Aren't your parents worried something could happen to you?" Neytiri asked but now Leyra's whole mood dropped and Neteyam could clearly see that her parents is a wound topic for her.

"They aren't here anymore, so they couldn't care." She simply answered and the adults understood now that she doesn't want to talk about her parents. Leyra turned to the four younger people as Jake and Neytiri went to go find Tonowari.

"You four, come with me. I show you the sea." She said and crossed her arms. She walked out of the Marui and headed to the sea were Tsireya, Aonung and Rotxo were waiting. The others followed her.

They all jumped into the blue water that was clear as glass and started swimming. With their body that was adjusted to the water Leyra and Tsireya swam faster alongside with Aonung and Rotxo. The forest people behind them a little slower as they got used to the feeling of being in the deep water.

They saw all kind of different animals in the sea around them that they hadn't seen before. They were mesmerized by the beautifulness of the sea. Leyra felt a home in the water and she could clearly see that Kiri was feeling the same as she swam away from the group, now captured in her own world.

Fishes were swimming around Leyra and she watched them closely. It seems that the animals in the sea were trying to communicate with her and when she moved her hand they seem to follow her movements. Leyra smiled. She felt a deep bond with the animals in the sea and the sea in general. It feels like she can feel the heartbeat of every living being in the deep sea. As if they were the same living creature. She thinks it could be Eywa she is feeling inside herself, her whole body, her heart. But that's ridiculous, right? It couldn't be.

She looked back to the others. Neteyam, Tuk and Lo'ak were swimming back to the surface. They couldn't be out of breath already. They haven't been under the water long. Leyra looked at Tsireya and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Swim with us." Tsireya signed in the Na'vi sign language as the two forest brothers looked down to the oceanic people. They had a confused expression on their face and came down anyway. Together they continued exploring the ocean. Corals, fishes, small squids and Ilus were swimming around them as they swam above the seabed. Leyra collected some seashells with Tuk on the seabed.