27

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺

'family' reunion

"Na'vi inbound!" An Avatar, who was standing on the deck, yelled when he noticed a swarm of Na'vi appearing behind the three large rocks. All guards quickly took their assigned position while they rose their weapons.

"Colonel?" Lyle asked unsurely as he looked to his boss, who was deep in thoughts while he stared at the place Leyra was moments ago. Quaritch raised his head in confusion while letting a "What?" slip out. Lyle pointed to the incoming threat and Quaritch's persona quickly was replaced by the bad enemy again when he saw them approaching.

"Dad!" Tuk happily yelled when she spotted Jake in the distance but her brother was still looking to the door that Leyra was forced to go and then his gaze shifted to Quaritch, the man that was trying to kill his family. Lo'ak couldn't believe that this man was supposed to be Leyra's father.

"Weapons up! Spread out!" Lyle ordered when he got the nod from the captain and everybody aimed their guns at the Na'vi who remained in the water. They all stopped on Jakes orders, when he saw the sky people raising the guns through his gun visor.

Quaritch walked behind Lo'ak and removed the communication device from the boy roughly. He placed the earpiece in his ear and held the speaker to his mouth, looking at Jake Sully from the distance.

Jake looked through the eyeglass of his gun and saw two of his children and Tsireya on the ship, tied to the rail and beside them stood Quaritch. His heart rate picked up when he glanced at the chief. "They got our kids." He moved his gun to look again "Your daughter."

At this information Tonowari let out an upset but at the same time angry sound, following a sound from Ronal and her strangled breath.

"Tuk, Lo'ak." Jake continued and his voice quietened as he closed his eyes frustrated for a second. His breath got stuck in his throat when he heard the voice of his enemy.

"Jake, tell your friends to stand down. If you want your kids back, you come out alone." Quaritch spoke through the comm and then pulled out his gun, raising it up so Jake could see it perfectly before he pressed the gun to the back of Lo'ak's head.

Lo'ak pressed his lips together to not show any emotion and just stared forward to the large group of warriors in the ocean. Tsireya's ears went flat against her head and she feared for his life and the young Tuk looked to her father with a frown and then back to her brother.

Jake removed the gun from his face and sighed. He couldn't look at this scene without breaking down any minute. His ears flatten against his head when he heard his enemy's voice again.

"I took you under my wing, Jake, and you betrayed me." Quaritch spoke again and pressed the gun harder to Lo'ak's head and the young one closed his eyes while his heart started beating faster. "You killed your own. Good men and women. I will not hesitate to execute your kid."

Jake stared at the ship and cleared his throat before he responded "Just wait one." Then he turned to Tonowari and saw all the warriors who were ready to fight. "Hold here."

"They are killers of tulkun." Tonowari reminded him why the Metkayina clan wanted to fight. He raised his spear and pointed to the ship. " They must die. Here, today."

"It's me they want. That's what all this has been about, right?" He said strongly while shaking his head. "The hunting of Tulkuns, the taking of our kids." He felt extremely guilty for bringing everyone in danger again. He should have learned from the first time.