11

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺

betrayal

After her encounter in the medical hut a few days ago Leyra didn't came across the two boys often. Even though she enjoyed their touches she was more confused than ever with her feelings for both of them. She couldn't like both at the same time and she was a little glad she didn't had to talk with them about what happened.

She kept herself busy with hunting and doing warrior related jobs, so she actually didn't have time for the forest boys. But in reality she fled into her Marui as soon as she saw them and hid in there until she knew that they've been gone.

Neteyam noticed that she fled before they could say hello to her the first time immediately and was confused. Didn't she like what they did? Or didn't she like them? He always noticed when she was near him and it hurt deeply when she basically ran away from him when they made eye contact.

Lo'ak however didn't noticed it the first time as his brother but when he asked Leyra yesterday if she needed any help with hunting she simply looked at him briefly, collected her things and was gone in a second. He was irritated by this action and asked his brother what's up with her but he didn't have an idea either.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Leyra asked as she arrived in the Marui of the chief's family.

"Yes. Sit down." Tonowari said and the three people inside sat down together in the middle of the Marui. Leyra waited for either Ronal or Tonowari to speak up. She didn't knew why they wanted to talk to her. Did she do something wrong?

"We want to talk about you and Aonung." Tonowari explained to her while looking at her. He couldn't imagine how she would react to their offer. He knew that she was a very good warrior and was loyal to their clan.

"What do you mean, Aonung and I?" She asked confused. They knew each other since they were children and were friends for a long time. Maybe they wanted to talk about his behavior with the Sully children.

"You know that he is going to be the next Olo'eyktan after me, right?" Of course Leyra knew that. Aonung never stopped talking about himself being the best leader of the clan in the future and it was usually that the chief's son is going to be the next leader. What has that to do with her?

"I'm sorry. I don't understand where this is going."

"He will need a strong woman at his side. To help him decide when important decisions have to be made. Someone who is connected with Eywa on a deeper level." Ronal spoke up and looked at Leyra with an unreadable expression.

"And you think I would be that woman?" Leyra asked in disbelief as she looked at the leader of the clan. "Why?"

"I hate to admit it but you would make a very good Tsahik, Leyra. You have a strong connection to Eywa. I've seen you with the animals and plants." Ronal told her. "You have some special powers."

flashback

"You poor little thing." A very young Leyra said sadly as she looked at a young skimwing in the shallow water. The skimwing got hurt, when it went beyond the reef with its parents, because a much bigger fish chased after them. Luckily they weren't killed and only had small wounds, but it hit the little one much worse.

The Tsahik came running to the injured skimwing and the girl, with healing supplies and kneeled beside them. She examined the wounds on the skimwing's back. "This is going to hurt. Leyra hold the skimwing in place." She said to the girl on her left.