23

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺

I see you

The group of young Na'vi were following the Tsahik and Olo'eyktan of the Metkayina clan. All of them walked with their heads down as they all knew they were getting a punishment, all because Lo'ak bonded with the outcasted tulkun.

Leyra trailed behind all of them and was furious to whoever had ratted him out. She tried to see through their face expression and body language. Obviously Neteyam hadn't said anything about it, so the only one left are the Metkayinan siblings.

"Aonung! Did you told them?" She hissed in a quiet voice as he was walking in front of her and shoved him slightly to get his attention.

"No!" He hissed back and walked faster to get away from her.

"Tsireya?" Leyra asked her best friend quietly.

"I'm sorry. I had to." Tsireya whispered and had a sorrowful expression on her face when she looked back at Leyra, who pressed her lips together at the confession.

Ronal stopped a few meters away from their Marui and let all the young Na'vi pass her and follow Tonowari inside. Leyra side eyed the Tsahik while passing by and saw the disappointed look she gave her.

"You allowed him to bond with the outcast!" Ronal yelled to the two girls as soon as they gathered around Tonowari and Lo'ak in the Marui.

Tsireya lowered her gaze in shame defensively but Leyra held the gaze of the Tsahik firmly.

Tonowari stepped towards them. "You disappoint me, daughter." He said and Tsireya's shoulders fall once again while she closed her eyes briefly, although he only looked at her for a second.

Tonowari held Leyra's gaze as he spoke those words and Leyra's ears flattened when she understood that he was also referring to her as a daughter.

It would've made her happy that he practically called her his daughter but not in this situation. Not when he is extremely disappointed with her.

"And you!" Tonowari turned to Lo'ak "son of a great warrior, who was taught better." Lo'ak's gaze briefly shifted from the ground to Leyra. He was a little embarrassed that he yet again caused problems in the clan.

"Payakan saved my life, sir." Lo'ak's shoulders stiffened when he noticed his parents approaching behind him and he again searched for her eyes. It calmed his nerves when she looked at him with so much affection.

Shaking his head Lo'ak spoke "I'm sorry, sir, but you don't know him." He fought for his misunderstood friend. The tension rises in a bad way as Tonowari slowly lowers himself with a disapproving look on his face. "Sit."

"Sit." He instructed once more and Lo'ak followed his orders while waiting for the next words of the Olo'eyktan. He looked at him while he nervously tapped with his fingers on his knee.

"Sit down!" He yelled to the surrounding Na'vi and then looked at Lo'ak, letting out a sigh. "Hear my words, boy."

Leyra quickly sat down beside Tsireya and took her hand reassuringly, even though it's Tsireyas fault Lo'ak is in this difficult situation.

Neteyam eyed his brother and Tonowari intensely. He knew that he couldn't take the blame for Lo'ak's actions this time. He could only hope that there won't be worse consequences than last time.

"In the days of the First Songs, tulkun fought amongst themselves for territory and for revenge." Tonowari started saying in a calmer voice while looking around the young Na'vi, who listened closely.