05

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺

Neytiri and Jake

Early after the sunrise, standing in the shallow water, Leyra was hunting with other people of her clan for a celebration that was set up for tonight. The clan is celebrating their mother goddess Eywa with rituals, old songs and plenty of food Eywa has given them. They also cherish the dead who are now back with Eywa. Individual's would sing their songcord and together they would sing about their home village and Spirit Tree, thanking Eywa for it.

In the water far away from the hunting section Leyra saw how Jake Sully struggled to tame an skimwing and falling off a few times. Tonowari and two men had started to train him yesterday, but it didn't worked out so Jake continued to try today.

"Leyra, you have offered your help yesterday. Would you mind helping ma Jake now with the skimwing?" Neytiri said behind Leyra.

"I can feel that the failed attempts hurt his ego, because I got it on the first try yesterday." She added chuckling as Leyra turned to her.

"kaltxì, Neytiri." Leyra smiled at the woman.

"And he won't let me help him."

"I get it. It would hurt his ego even more." She laughed with her. "I don't know if it would help that a much younger person would teach him, but I'll try."

"Irayo. I see you haven't finished hunting. I could continue the work for you." Neytiri offered.

"That would be perfect, irayo Neytiri." Leyra said and collected her dagger from the beach.

"It would be lovely if you would spend your time at the celebration tonight with me and my family, Leyra. I've heard so much about you and would like to get to know you more." Neytiri spoke and put her hand on Leyra's shoulder, looking at her motherly.

"I would love to."

"You said your parents aren't around anymore and I noticed that you don't have a good relationship with Ronal or Tonowari either, so I just wanted to say that I am here for you, Leyra." Neytiri said and giving her a smile.

Tears formed in Leyra's eyes. Leyra never had a family that loved her and even though Ronal and Tonowari had raised her, she never had grown a bond with them or seen their kids as her siblings. She never was a part of their family because she would never be like them. She was different. A half-breed and they had never accepted her. Only used her for missions.

"Thank you, Neytiri. I'm not ready to talk about my parents yet, but I trust you." Leyra answered sniffling and went to hug her tightly. Neytiri hugged the young one too and caressed her back.

"It is okay to let your emotions out. I am very sorry that no one was there to protect and love you, my 'eve." Neytiri whispered as Leyra cried silently into her chest. "You are a very strong and special girl. Don't let anyone tell you something different."

Leyra nodded and Neytiri wiped the wet tears away from her cheeks.

"I'll go now." Leyra muttered and turned around to go. Still looking down on the ground while walking to the place, where Jake trained, she wiped the remaining tears away but walked into a hard chest.

"Oh, sorry." She muttered.

"Have you been crying?" A deep familiar voice asked concerned as he saw the dried tear stains on her face and Leyra looked up.

"I saw you talking with my mother a few minutes ago. Did she said something bad to you?" Neteyam questioned as he took her head in his hands examine her eyes to find a clue. Leyra was perplex and couldn't form a sentence because of his presence. Neteyam took her silence as a yes.