19

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺

return of the tulkun

Today is going to be one of the most important days for the reef people as their brothers and sisters, better known as the tulkun, will return as they do every cycle. Preparations have started to celebrate the tulkuns in the evening, even though they are sadly gone at this time again, but the reef Na'vi spend the entire day with their brothers and sisters.

The horn is blown when they noticed the arrival of the first tulkuns and Leyra sat on her terrace impatiently waiting for her spirit sister. She watched as the first people of her clan jumped into the ocean to swim to their spirit brother or sister. She stayed back because she didn't made out the vocal signals of her spirit sister.

"The Tulkun have returned! Everybody, our brothers and sisters have returned!" Tsireya called out to her people while she was on her ilu in the water and the other clan members continued diving into the water from the terraces.

The Sully family who was in their Marui were confused at the sound of the blowing horn and they stopped what they were doing immediately. Jake and his youngest child went outside to see what was happening.

"What was that?" Tuk asked her father while watching the reef people jump into the water cheerfully, while the large and friendly creatures appeared between the rocks that were like the doors to the village. Jake only shrugged his shoulders and caught Leyra walking towards them. She saw their confusion in their faces and smiled while she greeted the man with a nod.

"Hello, Tuk." She greeted the young Na'vi when she kneeled in front of her. "The Tulkun, our brothers and sisters have returned. They come home after their endless cycle migration." Leyra explained and stood up after the other family members of the Sully's arrived. She glanced at Neteyam and Lo'ak who were standing on either side of her now and gave them a smile. She decided to ignore what Eywa showed her and will figure it out when the time has come.

Tonowari who was riding on his skimwing gained all the attention as he swam above the water to his spirit brother, raising his spear into the air. He made a loud clicking noise to gain the attention of the tulkun, which responded at the sound. The tulkun flips out of the water, making a backflip and then splashes back into the water. Tonowari, usually a serious man, was smiling ear to ear.

"It was time for stories. The seasons apart, deaths, births, old friends and new loves." Leyra explained further and looked to Neteyam and Lo'ak at the last word. She realized how strong she felt for the two boys.

Leyra's whole face lit up when she heard the familiar sounds of her spirit sister.

"My spirit sister is here!" She called out and quickly made her way to the ocean. "Come!" She said to no-one in particular and disappeared into the water. The family glanced to each other and followed her. Even if it's impossible to find Leyra in the chaos underwater the two forest brothers would try their best.

Tsireya was telling her spirit sister about the new girl she met, Kiri. Her heart pounded only for the unique forest girl and Tsireya couldn't be happier than in this moment. She spotted Kiri and Tuk arriving on a ilu and introduced both of them to her spirit sister.

The Tsahik, Ronal, found her spirit sister in the deep water, who had brought a calf with herself. The tulkun waited many cycles for the calf, so did Ronal with her baby and they shared stories of what happened since they last saw each other.

The forest family were amazed by the large sea creatures and how gently they treat the reef people but the tulkun were like that by nature. The tulkuns saw the Na'vi as equals and so did the Na'vi with the tulkuns. Jake and Neytiri were riding on one ilu and were looking at the beautiful tulkuns, who had tattoo-like markings on their belly.