26

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺

the start of the war

The young group of Na'vi were following Lo'ak through the ocean. They met Kiri and Tuk half the way and being concerned for their brother they went after him too. Lo'ak swam to the place where Payakan and him always would meet.

Lo'ak glanced behind him and the others were hot on his tail as they were calling his name multiple times, but then he spotted Payakan in the distance and the vocals he gave were uneasy. It seemed Payakan was trying to get rid of something of himself as he was winding his body in the water back and forth.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Lo'ak yelled and signed while he approached his spirit brother.

"Help!" Payakan vocalized and turned to the side, showing the side of his body.

"Shit!" Lo'ak's eyes widened when he saw the red tracking device stuck in Payakan's thick skin. The device was making an unbearable ticking noice.

"Stay calm! Stay calm! I got this!" Lo'ak yelled and jumped off his ilu to climb on Payakan's back He tried to pull out the device a few times but it was stuck too tightly. Payakan made a few warning sounds and Lo'ak's head shot up which gave him sight on the demon ship that was coming closer.

"Shit." Lo'ak exclaimed again, now more stressed as he continued pulling at the device with no success.

"Lo'ak!" Neteyam yelled when he stopped in front of him and his throat went dry when he saw the red device.

Leyra got off her ilu when she spotted the demon technology and jumped on Payakan's back. "Shit." she muttered under her breath when she saw the demon ship approaching and turned to the other Na'vi in the water.

"Help!" she shouted to them and grabbed the device as well.

"Quick, guys help us!" Lo'ak now screamed and continued pulling at the device with Leyra.

Neteyam jumped on the creature too and saw the giant ship too and turned to his brother. "Call dad!" They were going to need a lot of help to escape the humans, because Neteyam was sure they have spotted them with Payakan by now.

Neteyam quickly pulled Aonung and Rotxo up on the tulkun and glared at his brother while he pushed him away from the tracking device. "Just go, do it!"

Lo'ak hesitated but left the device after receiving another warning look from Neteyam. Leyra grabbed Lo'ak's hand and looked at him. "It's going to be fine, love." She softly said and gave him a quick kiss on the lips before she returned to the others.

He pressed on his comm while he watched the demon ship. "Dad- I mean Devil Dog." He quickly corrects himself and released a breath he was holding the entire time. "Do you read me?" he asked.

Jake, who was back in the village, already noticed the loss of his children in the village and searched with his mate Neytiri since his speech. He heard his comm go off and his heart dropped hearing Lo'ak's voice. He looked at his mate nervously, who was standing beside him.

"Yes, Lo'ak." Jake answered and Neytiri listened through her own comm to the conversation while concern spread over her face. They only used the comms since they arrived here for severe emergencies.

"We are with a Tulkun, who is under attack. Killerships inbound." He explained the situation with a shaky voice while he saw smaller ships appearing and coming towards them. The other there males were trying to remove the device.

"Who's with you?" Jake asked with closed eyes as he knew the answer. All of his kids. His hand remained pressed on the comm while he awaited Lo'ak's answer with a fast beating heart.