14

✺ ┅*❋ ❋*┅ ✺

Payakan

A new day has dawn in the village of the reef people. The sun was rising which wrapped up the village in an orange color as it was in the morning. The forest boys finally made peace with Aonung and they are slowly forming a solid friendship. The group of young Na'vi were gathered together near the beach talking about the adventure Leyra and Lo'ak had.

"Wish I had been there." Kiri said to them as Lo'ak finished telling the story. "The ocean blessed you with a gift, brother." She added while she smiled brightly at Lo'ak. Leyra was sat on the left side of Lo'ak as they held hands.

"The tulkun have not returned yet." Aonung explained as he leaned against a tree in the circle they made. "And no tulkun is ever alone." He added while the other oceanic Na'vi agreed nodding.

"This one was." Lo'ak turned to Tsireya and Rotxo. "This one had a missing fin, like a stump on the left side." He explained.

Tsireya's eyes widened in realization. "Payakan" She told him the name of the tulkun.

"It was Payakan, yes." Leyra confirmed. "But he helped us."

"Who is Payakan?" Kiri asked interested.

"A young bull who went rogue." Rotxo answered her. "He is outcast, alone and has a missing fin."

"They say he is a killer." Tsireya explained while she looked at Lo'ak and Leyra concerned. He only shook his head in disagreement as he couldn't believe his new friend would be a killer.

"He killed Na'vi and other tulkun." Everybody turned to Aonung at his words. "Not here, but far to the south." He states and leans forward to stare at Lo'ak firmly.

"No, he's not a killer." Lo'ak disagreed but Leyra heard the stories about what happened in the south but she couldn't believe that Payakan was responsible for all of that.

"You are lucky to be alive." Tsireya said to both Leyra and Lo'ak.

"I'm telling you guys, he saved our life." Lo'ak kept defending Payakan. "He is my friend." Leyra squeezed his hand in support as she looked at him.

"My baby bro..." Neteyam stood up and went behind Lo'ak and Leyra leaning forward, causing his braids to fall forward caressing Leyras cheek. She frowned at the tickling touch. Neteyam grabbed Lo'ak's shoulders playfully while laughing and shaking him. "The mighty warrior who faced a killer tulkun and lived to tell about it." Lo'ak hissed and pushed his brother away.

"You aren't listening." He said upset looking at the people in the circle before he walked away.

"No. I'm listening." Tuk yelled after him frowning sadly, who was sitting beside Tsireya but he just kept walking away from them. The others were watching him go and Leyra wanted to go after him but she knew he needed time alone.

"Come back, Lo'ak." Kiri called.

"You skxawng." She said to her older brother because he shouldn't have made fun of Lo'ak. Leyra, who was still squatting, looked up to Neteyam, who was standing behind her, with a mad expression.

"This comment was really unnecessary." She whispered to him and he looked at her with an apologetic look as he put his finger under her chin so she continues looking at him. "I'm sorry." He muttered.

"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to your brother." She answers and wraps her hand around his wrist gently. "I will." He agrees and stroked over her lower lip with his thumb, which made her smile a little.

"Payakan!" Lo'ak shouted in the middle of the ocean as he searched for his new friend. His ilu helping as it splashes in the water with its fin. "Payakan!" he yelled again as he looked down into the water.