17: Then Leave!

"NO EFFING way, you brought her here? So what, she's in in this now?" Kiara scoffed, as she paced up and down the front porch of the Chateau.

The next day, the Pogues had come back to the Chateau to a surprise. John B had brought Sarah Cameron with him, which didn't go down well with anyone- especially not Kiara, or Rory.
However, Rory didn't argue. She didn't want to fight Sarah Cameron anymore. So instead, she continued to sit on the couch opposite JJ and Pope- staring at Sarah intensely.

JJ shrugged, "Look, all I care about is her cut come out of your share."

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote." Kiara raised her voice, "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

Pope hesitated, "I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this."

"When are you not?" John B shot back.

Pope defended, "I dunno, I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably."

"It's true." JJ nodded, "The most comfortable I've ever seen him."

"That's cute, guys." John B mumbled sarcastically.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her." Kiara snapped.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah argued, as Aurora continued her glare. If looks could kill, Sarah Cameron would be dead.

Kiara spat, "Then leave!"

Sarah scoffed, before looking at John, "I told you."

"Told him what, exactly?" Kiara questioned sarcastically, "That your a liar-"

"No, that you're a shit-talking bitch!" Sarah shot back confidently, causing JJ and Pope to gasp. The two boys pulled money from their pockets, betting on who was going to win, while the two girls continued to argue.

"Everyone, shut up!" John B shouted, as everyone fell silent. He sighed, "Kie, you are my best friend, right?... And Sarah, you're... you're..."

"Say it." Sarah smiled softly.

"You're my girlfriend." John B said hesitantly, with a gentle smiled.

Girlfriend. The word played in Aurora's mind, over and over. Girlfriend. They were in a sexual relationship with each-other- it was obvious to Rory, yet, it hurt more when it was confirmed.
Aurora didn't know why it hurt her so much, she couldn't keep her mind off of Sarah Cameron. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend. Girlfriend!

Aurora couldn't help but scoff, before standing up quickly and storming out of the porch. She mumbled cusses under her breath, ignoring the calls from her friends.

"Nice one, John B." Rory heard Kiara say spitefully, "What happened to using her for information?"

Aurora kept walking quickly, as she finally made it to the water. She sat down on the deck, dangling her feet into the cold water. After a while, Rory heard footsteps approach,

Rory didn't turn around, but sighed, "Go away, John B."

"Not John B." The familiar voice of Sarah Cameron replied, as she hesitantly sat down next to Aurora. She dangled her feet into the water, "Why'd you walk away?"

"Because I can't stand you." Aurora snapped uncontrollably, "What are you even doing here? Isn't it supper-time back on Figure 8."

"They're not all snobs." Sarah replied softly.

"Right, that's just the rest of your family." Aurora mumbled, as she splashed the water with her feet.

"Look." Sarah sighed deeply, "I don't know what happened with us, but I'm with John B now. So, for his sake, I think we should try and get along."

"It's all about John B!" Aurora rolled her eyes, "Have you ever even considered how I might've felt after we broke up?"

"Aurora-"

"Why?" Aurora said shakily, "Why me? You left me without an explanation, so I was left wondering and wondering if I did something wrong. I was loyal to you, Sarah, and you cheated on me with fucking Topper. Why?"

Sarah hesitated, "I-I don't know, I-"

Aurora scoffed, before standing up, "This is pathetic. You're pathetic."

"I was scared of coming out." Sarah blurted out, as she stood up to join Aurora, "I was scared of coming out. I didn't even know who I was and I wanted to... be normal. I thought if I hid who I was, it would go away."

"And I understand that. I could've helped you, Sarah. I could've supported you!" Aurora explained, "I, of all people, would've understood if you were afraid and frightened. You didn't just have to bail on me and leave when I needed you most."

Sarah held Aurora's hand gently, which made Rory frown with surprise. Sarah tried to smile, but her voice was shaky, "I'm really sorry. And I miss you, a lot actually. I hope we can be... friends."

"Friends." Aurora repeated, as she pulled her hand away from Sarah's soft grasp.

Aurora paused, as she looked into the hazel eyes of Sarah Cameron. They were the colour of autumn leaves, yet as she looked further, shades of dark green could be seen. Aurora felt all the memories flood back in, as she drowned in the overwhelming sense of admiration.

Oh.

She suddenly understood everything at once, like why she was so jealous of John B. Like, why Kiara wasn't like Sarah at all, but just as important. Like, why she absolutely despised when John B mentioned her fragile name. For three years that same feeling had been exploding inside of her. A feeling she could not walk away from.

"Oh." Rory mumbled aloud this time.

Sarah frowned at Rory's silence, "Are you okay?"

Aurora blinked hardly, snapping out of her gaze. She looked at Sarah sympathetically, "I-I'm gonna go. Uh, see you around, Sarah."

a/n:
coming out as a MASSIVE SARORA SHIPPER🙋‍♀️
thank you for all your love and comments <3