39: The Party

THROWING A good party was a thing that Pogues were good at since birth. Luckily for them, they were all neglected in some ways, so they could do whatever they wanted: no strict rules, no posh music, and alcohol from a young age. Despite the inevitable early death due to smoking their breakfast, lunch, and dinner, being a Pogue was very fun.

For a while, the Pogues sat in the jacuzzi playing truth or dare and free-styling new songs. Her brother wore the beer box on his head, cutting out two holes for his eyes, whilst Kie opened another beer crate. Then, after a while of drinking, a new game got introduced- suggested by JJ, of course.

"Okay, okay." JJ exclaimed excitedly to Pope, who was his target for this wrestling match, "I'm gonna take it easy on you-"

JJ grunted as Pope had already tackled him to the floor. John B commentated, "Oh, oh! A single leg sweep from Pope."

"Good, good." JJ chuckled, "You've got a new technique now."

"When did you start wrestling?" John B questioned Pope sarcastically, surprised on his sudden strength to beat JJ.

Pope shrugged smugly, then raised his hands up in pride, "I'm done. I'm out of here." Kie didn't hesitate to follow, leaving the four in shock.

"Way to be discreet!" JJ called, as Sarah bursted into giggles.

For Aurora, her night had been a blur from the drugs she had taken. She wasn't complaining, she missed the euphoria of getting high. Rory stayed quiet throughout the party, which everybody had noticed due to her absence in conversations.

Rory put her cigarette out before standing up, "I'll just be a second."

"Wait- You're leaving too?" John B questioned, "This is our Welcome Home party."

"I'm just taking a leak, only be a second." Rory replied, as she began walking off. Hatred laced her voice, "I wouldn't want to miss the Bride and Grooms celebrations, right?"

She continued to walk to the Château, not daring to look back at the group, as she heard JB question, "What was that about?"

Aurora locked the door, before kneeling in front of the sink. She retrieved the clear bag of powder before pouring a bit on the side. Rory held one nostril, as she snorted it off of the sink, before throwing her head back with a breath. Unexpectedly, a knock came from the other side of the door, making Rory panic- brushing the remaining coke in the toilet to flush. She shoved the small bag in her back pocket, before running the tap so the person on the other side wouldn't be suspicious. 

"One second!" Aurora called over the sound of the running water, which she had soon turned off and prepared herself to walk outside. She opened the door slowly, meeting eyes with Sarah Cameron.

Rory rolled her eyes, as she brushed past her shoulder, "What do you want?"

"I want to know the truth." Sarah replied, as she followed Aurora to the front porch.

"The truth about what?" Aurora questioned sarcastically, "About how I feel about your Marriage? Because I feel rather shitty, thanks for asking-"

"The truth...I know you relapsed." Sarah interrupted, making Aurora stop in her tracks.

Rory's heart dropped to her stomach, as she turned around to face Sarah. She questioned shakily, "What the fuck did you say?"

"I'm not angry, I just want to know why." Sarah explained calmly, raising her hands out to hold Rory's, "You were clean for so long."

Rory pulled her hands away, "And I'm still clean. I seriously don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't lie, Rory, I know." Sarah explained with tears filling her eyes, "I'm not saying you're him, but I've seen the same behaviour with Rafe.." Sarah watched Rory fume, so she quickly spoke, "Just listen! I want to know why. Why would you do this to yourself?"

"Because I'm an addict!" Aurora snapped finally, "Because I don't know when to stop!"

"Shit." Sarah wiped the tears from her cheeks, "I mean- I mean we have to tell your brother-"

Rory interrupted, "No! This is my shit. I've got it handled."

"Handled?" Sarah scoffed, "You shot up a bag of coke in the bathroom!"

"Do you know how many bags I didn't shoot up?" Aurora retorted, as she raised her voice, "You can't fucking fix me, Sarah. This is me, right here, a fucking addict... whether you like it or not. I-I don't give a shit."

"I give a shit." Sarah shot back, "I care for you. I will help you. I won't give up because I love you!"

Rory shook her head, tears rolling down her face as she mumbled, "No you don't. You love being loved!" She paused, as she watched her words stab Sarah, "You fucking left me at my lowest. Whilst you were getting married, I was standing at the top of Redfield Lighthouse!"

"What?" Sarah's voice broke, "You tried to... shit. Does anybody know?"

"Like you give a shit." Aurora scoffed, "At least you were having fun, right?"

"Don't blame me, Rory." Sarah replied shakily, "That's not fair."

Rory cried, "What's not fair is that I've been falling in love with you this whole fucking time! I mean, I thought you liked me, Sarah. I really fucking did-"

BANG!!
A gunshot echoed through the cut, which made the girl's flinch. They both crouched down on the floor, as the shot sounded close. Aurora prayed it wasn't JJ, as she crawled over to the door but Sarah grabbed her ankle.

"Get off!" Rory whisper-yelled, but Sarah just put a finger to her lips, as the distant shouts got louder.

"Rafe! Chill your shit. Shit, man. Chill!" The distant voice of Barry shouted, "You're gonna get our asses busted, dawg. Let's bounce! Let's go."

Aurora furrowed her eyebrows at Barry's distance voice and, when the coast was clear, she sprinted out to where the party was. She quickly looked around, seeing no signs of JJ or John B, as she put her hands on her head,

"JJ! John B!" She shouted shakily, "No, no, no. Fuck!"

Suddenly, a thud came from behind her as she watched the two boys jump down from the trees above them. JJ brushed a hand through his hair,

"That was gnarly, man." He panted, "I swear to God, I died for a second then came back to life."

"Okay Jesus." John B nodded sarcastically.