72: The Journey

RORY SUFFOCATED in the awkward silence of the plane journey, as the Pogues watched Ward's every move intently- though Rory cared more about her brother and Kie being safe. She had left him over hundred notifications containing the same message of: where the fuck are you? However, JJ had suddenly forgot how to use a phone and reply back.

Pope waved his hand in front of Ward's face, clicking in both of his ears to see no reaction. He informed, "He's out."

"Alright." John B replied, "So Tres Rocas, that's where Neville said we would find the guy. Solana, that's the archaeological site. I think that's where they're taking my dad. Neville gave me this map..."

Rory squinted her eyes at the drawings and the stick figures, "Is that meant to be Singh?" She asked sarcastically, "Is that the gold or a pile of shit?"

John B deadpanned, "Funny."

"This is the map we've been following?" Sarah questioned in disbelief.

"He's the only guy who's been there." John B replied, "We just need to find this guy, Jose, and head up the river."

"Don't worry." Pope reassured, "We're gonna get there, find Singh, boost your pops. And then we'll find El Dorado it's a layup."

After a while, the plane had landed in South America, as the Pogues walked off of the plane. A force of heat hit Rory as she stepped out of the plane. She smiled, "Holy shit. I've never been on holiday before."

"Don't stay in the sun too much." Cleo chuckled, "It's like a desert out here, man."

Sarah got rid of Ward, who desperately tried to join the Pogues on their travels, before the Pogues boarded a cab to get to the local village. Rory got distracted and admired the fireworks, bright coloured flags, and loud music, before actually having to help the Pogues. Her and Sarah went to the people around the town, asking for someone named Jose. Nothing.

"I got a whole bunch of no." John B informed, as he met up with the two girls.

Rory held up a firework box, which a child had gifted to her whilst trying to find Jose. She smiled, "I'm starting to like-"

A shout came from the building in front of them, "Bastards, you son of a bitch! I'll chew your arms off, you jack-off feeder fish!"

"Okay, there's only one person on this planet who would say something like that." John B exclaimed, "That's my dad. We can still save him."

"Wait, he needs a distraction." Rory quickly unboxed the firework, before pulling out a lighter from her back pocket. She lit the firework, before throwing it towards the window. Whilst chaos erupted inside the building, John B grabbed a ladder from the side of a building before placing it towards the window. Suddenly, Big John jumped down, as the threes eyes widened.

"Oh my God, dad!" John B exclaimed.

"Good to see you, kid." The man nodded, "I guess that was your master-plan, Rory, huh?"

Rory saluted sarcastically, "Yes, sir."

Big John's eyes traveled to Sarah, "Hi, Sarah."

"Hi." Sarah smiled, before the group rushed towards safety.

As Rory ran behind the group, she stopped when she noticed a familiar face on a tour bus in front of her. She squinted for a moment, before noticing that Sarah, JB, and Big John had carried on running. Pope and Cleo ran up from behind her,

"Rory!" Pope panted, "We have to go. Run!"

Cleo frowned, "What's wrong, girl?"

Rory replied, "I thought I saw-"

"Como estas, amigos?"

"JJ!" Rory continued, as she sprinted towards the bus to see her brother and Kie jumping out of the bus. The twins hugged tightly, before Rory hugged Kie, "I thought I was never gonna see you again."

Kie smiled, "Trust me, I thought the same-"

"We gotta run!" Cleo panicked.

Kie questioned, "What's happening?"

"Singh's men are right behind us." Pope explained quickly, before the group hid behind the fruit markets.

A few minutes later, when the chaos had died down, the group arrived at the river to meet with Barracuda Mike, who got a boat ready for them.

"Have you got anything to protect yourself?" Mike asked, as they walked down to the boat.

JJ hesitated, "Uh, still working on that part."

Mike handed the boy a bag, "Here. Machetes. You'll need 'em."

"Wait, weren't you at our shack yesterday, Mike?" Rory questioned confusedly, "Why are you helping us when it sounded like you wanted JJ dead?"

"Well, I'm adding the cost of this rig to what he already owes me. I don't expect to see it again anyway." Mike explained, "Me and JJ have a deal, you see."

"Right." Rory replied doubtfully, glancing at JJ who cracked his knuckles nervously. Rory asked, "Did you, uh... find anything?"

"As you asked, I asked around the landing today." Mike replied, "Your friends did leave this morning but I was able to get directions to El Tesoro. Only loose. Only Jose knows the real way, but get you in the right zip code, maybe."

Kie nodded, "That's a start."

"Thanks." Pope nodded, as the group boarded the boat.

Mike and JJ spoke in private before he boarded the boat. Rory frowned at her brother as she sat down, "What was that about? What's your deal?"

"Mike gets, uh, a cut of the gold." JJ replied hesitantly, "I did what I had to do... to save Kiara."

***

Rory awoke by getting shaken awake by Cleo, who was pointing to the distance, "I think this is El Tesoro."

"Oh shit." JJ whispered, "That's one of Singh's guys. What are we gonna do?"

The plan, made by Pope and JJ, instructed of manipulating Singh's guard that he was being surrounded by a whole army. Though, in reality, it was only five teenagers. Rory threw a note onto his boat as a warning, before the rest of the Pogues threw fireworks at them, causing the guard to start up his boat and ride away.

The boys did their handshake, as JJ commented, "I think we're getting better at this."

"Hey, hey." Cleo interrupted, "Ain't no time for celebrating. We didn't do nothin' yet."

Kie nodded, "That's fair."

A/N:
ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT

i would rlly appreciate it if you guys checked out my new story which will be published very soon (it's a the last of us fanfic)❤️