32: You're A Deadman

DUE TO a text, Rory was rescued from a very dark place. However, her reckless behaviour was still intact- she wasn't a Maybank without some mischief. She couldn't believe they were alive, after all this time. Aurora was exhausted, she had been all summer, due to her late nights and early mornings searching for clues about John B and Sarah. A part of her thought they were still in the OBX somewhere, maybe if she looked hard enough she would find them hiding.

"I never doubted them." Rory reminded smartly, "Just reminding you all."

"We'll never forget." Pope chuckled, "How many times did you wake up at 4am to search the Cut? 20 times?"

"More like 100." JJ added sarcastically, before getting shoved by his sister.

"So, are we going to the Bahamas or what?" Aurora asked, changing the subject.

"There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope replied.

"John B's gonna get nabbed sooner or later." Kiara added, "So, if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it yesterday."

JJ said confidently, "I'll tell you how we do it."

"So you have it all planned out?" Rory questioned curiously, exhaling smoke from her cigarette.

"As a matter of fact, I do." JJ replied, "We kidnap Rafe."

"I'm sorry, what?" Kie scoffed in disbelief.

JJ repeated, "We kidnap Rafe, tie him up, and stick a gun in his mouth and just wait til he starts squawking."

"You know, tortures a war crime?" Kie reminded.

"So, how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell?" Pope asked sarcastically, "Because that's a felony."

"Well, do you have something better, Pope?" JJ questioned curiously.

"All we need is a material witness." Pope explained, "We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it. He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew, they were on the tarmac. They witnessed Peterkin get murdered. We just need to find who it was and get them to confess, on record."

"And how'd we do that?" Rory frowned, "It's much easier said than done, Po."

"A little espionage." Pope smirked.

***

"If this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped." Pope explained, as Kie drove them to the location of the pilot.

"So then direct approach gets my vote." JJ replied, as he loaded the gun.

"JJ, no." Pope disagreed, "Put the gun down, man. We can just tickle the wire."

"Tickle the what?" Aurora questioned, "English, please?"

Pope explained, "I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen on your AirPods."

Kie parked outside the Pilots house, whilst Pope made his way out of the car, "Alright, honk or.. uh, yell or something if you see anything suspicious."

"Don't do anything dangerous." Kiara nodded.

Pope smirked, "I'm not the twins."

"Funny, Pope." Aurora replied sarcastically.

JJ added, "We love third-wheeling. It's our favourite thing."

Pope left the car and secretly ran to the Pilots front garden, whilst JJ questioned Kie, "How's it been going, you know, Pope and all?"