73: Frickin P4L

AFTER WALKING for hours, the group had finally arrived in the forest where El Dorado was located. After hearing a loud bang, the group had decided to lay low throughout their trek up-hill. In the distance, Sarah, John B, Big John, Ward, and one of Singh's men gathered around. Rory couldn't help but notice Ward aiming a gun at John B, her blood boiled. The five Pogues hid behind a rock, as Pope whispered,

"What are we gonna do?" Pope questioned curiously.

"Is this ride or die?" JJ asked.

Cleo took her machete from her pocket, followed by Pope, "P4L."

"P4L." Kie added, gripping onto her machete.

JJ added, "Frickin' P4L."

"Pogues for life." Rory nodded, as she pulled out her machete.

Ward moved his aim to Big John, who was slumped down on a rock holding the side of his stomach. As the gun cocked, the Pogues suddenly came running out from behind the rock shouting. They circled Ward, aiming their machetes at the man.

"Stay back!" Ward aimed the gun at the Pogues, "Stay back."

"Put it down, Ward!" JJ shouted.

Rory pointed her machete at him, "You're outnumbered, Motherfucker."

"What are you gonna do?" Pope questioned, "Shoot us all?"

"If you're gonna shoot somebody, Ward." Big John struggled, "Shoot me."

John B stepped in front of the gun, glaring at the man straight in the eyes, "Or me."

Sarah stepped in front of the boy, as the tip of the gun pressed into Sarah's chest, "Stop. Enough. You're not gonna kill all of us. I know you won't. I know you. You forget that I know you."

Ward sobbed, as Sarah lowered his gun for him, tears filling her eyes. Ward cried, "I couldn't. I couldn't do it-"

"Yeah?" One of Singh's men questioned from behind them, aiming at gun at Sarah, "Well, I can."

"Take it easy, bud." Big John replied, "You're boss is dead. You've got no reason to do this."

"I can think of a few reasons." The man replied, as he walked towards the group, "Thought you'd end up with the gold, ay? My mate back there is dead. Because of you. So, you go first."

He pointed the gun at Sarah, this time moving his finger towards the trigger. Rory's filled with tears, as she sprinted towards Sarah, "No!"

Sarah hugged her tightly, cupping her face and wiping away her tears. Sarah wasn't the one who was suppose to die. The girl stood in front of Sarah protectively, her lip trembling but she knew she was ready. She ignored the shouts from her brother, who was being held by Kiara, Cleo, and Pope.

Suddenly, a loud bang echoed through the air as the guard pulled the trigger. Sarah's sobs broke the silence, as they all flinched. Rory quickly opened her eyes, looking down at her clothes and expecting to see blood. Nothing. She looked up at Ward, who was running towards the guard, taking the bullets for the two girls and jumping off of the cliff, taking the guard with him.

Sarah rushed to the edge, as the Pogues followed her quickly. They peered down, seeing the two men's bodies on the ground. Sarah sobbed, quickly turning away into Rory's chest. Aurora held her head into her chest, comforting Sarah as she cried over her father's second death- though this time, it was real.

"It's okay." Rory's voice broke, as she hugged Sarah, who let out stifled cries, "I'm here. It's okay. You're okay."

"No. Big John." Pope rushed over to the man, who was slumped on a tree stump, "John B!"