54: The B Team

AURORA DROWNED in her own thoughts, as she gripped onto her seatbelt in worry. She was completely zoned out for the duration of the journey to save Sarah and win back the cross. How could she be so stupid? Rory thought over and over again, She didn't even say I love you back to the one person she loved most.

JJ, John B, and Aurora crouched down behind some old mechanical parts of a ship within the Harbour, as they watched the crew aboard the boat containing the cross and Sarah.

JJ tapped JB's shoulder continuously, "Wait, wait. The Coastal Venture. I know that ship. Our dad did legs on her last summer. It's a total tramp steamer."

John B nodded, before pointing at a wooden crate being lifted by machines, "There's the cross. Right there, look."

Aurora's eyes darted around the setting, until she spotted Rose's car. The same anxious feeling knotted in her chest, as she breathed it away, before Rose and Wheezie helped Sarah out of the vehicle.

"There's Sarah." Rory spoke worriedly, as she intensively watched the girl from afar and scanned her body for any signs of harm. Rory looked at her brother, "We need a plan."

JJ nodded, "If we get over to the barge, we go over. We'll have to get into the water, though. Then we're gonna be sitting ducks-"

"Hey." The familiar voice of Kiara came from behind the group, as they flinched around.

"Whoa!" JJ jumped, "I was about to stab your eyes out."

Rory hugged the girl, before her eyes drifted over to the boy covered in mud and dirt. John B patted Pope's shoulder, "You okay? What happened?"

"Rafe, round three." Pope replied, "It was a tie."

Rory muttered, "That motherfucker."

"We have to get on that boat." Kie added, as the group started quietly moving towards it.

John B stopped when he realised Pope wasn't following, "Pope. Hey, come on."

"No, trust me." Pope pleaded, as he backed away from the group, "There's something I have to do."

As Pope sprinted away from the group, the other Pogues crouched down behind a large container, watching the crowded area in defeat. Aurora watched Pope from the distance, as he retrieved a gun from his pocket and aimed for the crate in front of him, knowing it was filled with flammable oils. Suddenly, the crate blew up as the amber flames reflected in Rory's brown eyes. Fire Alarms echoed through the harbour as the crew ran to safety in panic, before Pope ran back to the group.

JJ's jaw dropped open, "Pope, what was that?"

"Look." Pope pointed to another crate in the distance, "That containers going on the ship. We can get in that way."

"You're a genius." John B smiled, as the group started running towards the open container.

"Did you think this through?" JJ worried, "That's a trap right there. We can't get out once we get in."

"Look, you don't have to come, alright?" John B reassured.

"Right." Pope agreed, as he climbed inside, "This is our fight."

JJ sighed, before turning to the two girls beside him, "Nothing to lose?"

"Nothing to lose." Rory nodded, as they all climbed inside.

Kiara added, "It's better than boarding school, I guess."

The Pogues rushed to the back of the container as they sat down amongst the boxes of materials and small machines. The temperature grew hotter, as they were transported onto the ship in silence.