19: She Can't Aim For Shit

AURORA HAD come to realise that the only way she would ever be leaving this boat was if she befriended Sarah Cameron- which was easier said than done. However, she was willing to try at-least, after-all, Kie and Sarah had made friends pretty easily. 

"Did you forget your keys or something?" The voice of John B called from the HMS Pogue, which drove up beside the boat.

"Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked." Kiara told the two girls.

"Absolutely not." Sarah replied, as they glared at the three boys.

JJ chuckled, "You gotta admit, it was kinda funny."

"It was some patriarchal bullshit." Rory huffed, as she jumped into the boat.

"Yeah, it sucked." Sarah nodded, "We're gonna get you back when you least expect it." 

Pope asked, "So, did you guys, you know..."

"Reconcile are differences?" Kiara finished sarcastically, "Not even close."

Sarah added, "But... we're willing to work together."

"Willing is pushing it too far." Aurora replied sarcastically, "I'd say forced."

JJ cheered, "Victory!"

  ***

That night, John B drove the Pogues back to Mrs Crain's house to find the gold. Aurora tried to ignore the rumours about the Crain House, but everything was much scarier at night.

John B got out of the van, then walked around it to slide open the van door. He paused for a moment, stopping JJ as he tried to get out, "Wait, wait. I just wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight." 

"Always." Kiara smiled, and Aurora nodded in agreement.

Pope agreed, "Of course, man."

"Alright, are we done with this circle jerk?" JJ suggested sarcastically, "Can we go do this?"

"Way to ruin a heartwarming moment." Rory scoffed at her brother, as she followed Kiara out of the van, "You know that could've been the last conversation we had, before Mrs Crain murders us-"

Pope interrupted annoyedly, "Rory, stop with the stories."

The Pogues climbed over the stone wall and into the garden, which led to the front porch of the house. Suddenly, the movement-detector lights switched on, causing the group to fall to the floor.

"Shit!" Pope panicked, "So, she has motion sensor lights."

JJ suggested, "We could, uh, just move really slowly, maybe?"

"What?" Sarah frowned at his stupidity, "That's not how they work."

"We could throw a rock at it." John B suggested.

"That's a smart idea, considering an axe murder is sleeping inside." Rory nodded sarcastically, as she buried her head in her hands, "Fuck, we're so dead."

John B replied, "Well, do you have a better idea?"

"What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch." Sarah suggested, "We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids. And if we were brave enough, we'd go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it."