61: Really...Really Harsh

THE POGUES scattered themselves around the old building, as Singh's armed men arrived. JJ and Rory lead the plan, as they distracted the men and lead them towards Pope and Cleo, who were preparing to attack him.

"You're almost there!" JJ called to the man a staircase below them, as the twins ran upstairs, "You're coming, right?"

"Yeah!" The hesitant call of one of Singh's men replied.

Rory and JJ ran into the room where Sarah and John B were being held hostage, before hiding around the corner.

John B pleaded to the man, "Please untie us."

"Help." Sarah added, as the man stepped forward and into the sinkhole, causing him to fall through the floor to the ground below. Pope and Cleo attacked the man, stealing his gun before grabbing a metal pole...

"Stop right there!" Another guard unexpectedly appeared at the door, as Cleo and Pope surrendered, "Don't move!"

JJ and Aurora ran out from behind the wall, attempting to save there friends but just sacrificed themselves as more bait. They both raised their hands in the air, as JJ eyed the gun on the floor. Suddenly, John B jumped down the sinkhole, falling on the men from above as JJ saw this an opportunity to take the gun.

JJ pointed the gun at the two guards, sarcasm laced through his voice, "Hey, now! Easy! Yeah, yeah, yeah. I would take it nice and slow."

Sarah and Cleo tied them up tightly, as Rory couched down to take a picture, "Say cheese. This is going to your boss. Smile."

"For the record, they thought this plan wasn't gonna work." JJ whispered sarcastically, "Now, we're gonna give your boss a little ring-a-ling. So, hang tight."

Rory pressed on Kingfish in the contacts, before putting it on loud speaker. She took a breath, as Singh answered,

"Mr Portis. Do you have Ms Carrera's friends?"

Rory looked at the phone in silence, not having the bravery to reply. She breathed out heavily, as John B took the phone from her, "... Uh, yeah, we found them. Listen, my name is John Booker Routledge. We have your men tied up, and they're in for a really... really... really harsh time if you don't give us Kiara back right now."

Singh laughed, "Kill them."

"What?" John B questioned, as everyone shared the same confused expression.

"Kill them. It doesn't matter to me, you know?" Singh replied, "Just know that if you do, the hotel is surrounded, you know. All of you inside will die."

Sarah rushed towards the window, seeing a gathering of armed men heading towards the building. She panicked, "We gotta go. We gotta go right now."

The Pogues sprinted out of the room, leaving the two guards tied up. Singh's men had now entered the building, searching for them and blocking exits so the Pogues couldn't escape. Pope lead the group towards an empty elevator, as they all looked down the dangerous drop to the bottom.

"There's gotta be a better option, right?" John B questioned, as he peered down the drop, "This is like the Hawk's Nest part two. I'm not doing this."

"I think we need to think about this from a risk-reward perspective." Pope explained.

JJ suggested, "How about you go first then you can cushion my fall?"

"How about no." Pope shot back.

"Yeah, whatever. Forget this shit!" Cleo raised her voice as she pushed the boys out of the way to jump the drop, grabbing onto the ropes and edging down quickly.