66: Cameron Development

THE POGUES arrived in Wilmington, getting ready to take back the Cross  from one of the train compartments. JJ and Kie planned to stop the train, leaving Pope and Cleo, with the help of Sarah and Rory, to transport the Cross into Topper's truck. Of course, it was easier said than done, and Topper was making it worse.

"Here I am involved in illegal activities!" Topper panicked, as he waited outside his truck, "I'm not even close to being okay with this."

"Go home then." Rory shot back frustratedly, "Nobody's stopping you."

"If you don't want to go, fine." Sarah added, "We'll take your truck."

Topper scoffed, "I just want to make sure everyone here is okay with ending up in federal prison."

"Asshole." Rory gritted her teeth, as Sarah guided her into the truck to stop her from doing anything to Topper. 

"Uh, if it gets to that, yeah, I'll do it for Pope." JJ replied.

After JJ and Kie successfully got the train to stop moving, Pope and Cleo unlocked the train's compartment to get to the Cross. Rory suffocated in the silence of Topper's back seats, glaring at his blonde head from behind, as she exhaled smoke from her cigarette.

"Where the hell are we right now, Sarah? This is ridiculous-" Topper stopped complaining as he turned around to see the cigarette smoke lingering in the back of his dad's vehicle. He panicked, grabbing the cigarette from Rory's hand and throwing it out of the window, "Stop! Put it out!"

"Cunt!" Rory shouted, as she watched her last cigarette fall onto the ground outside of the vehicle.

"Guys, stop." Sarah interrupted, as she pointed in front of her, "There's Pope and Cleo. Stop here. Right here."

Sarah and Rory got out of the vehicle as Topper parked the truck outside of the compartment. Pope and Cleo helped the two girls into the compartment, as they all grabbed ahold of a heavy box.

"Cameron Development." Pope read the title on the box, "This is it!"

Topper asked, getting out of the truck, "What are we doing here?"

"We'll put this in your truck bed." Pope insisted, as the four lifted the heavy box.

"That's gonna scratch the paint." Topper disagreed.

"I'm sure daddy will get a paint job." Rory replied sarcastically, as she struggled with the heavy box in her hands, "Or... he'll buy a whole new truck!"

The Pogues struggled, as Topper helped place the box on the bed of his truck. Unexpectedly, an unfamiliar yell echoed from the distance, as Rory watched an officer rush towards them, "Hold it right there! Hey!"

"Go!" Sarah panicked, as they all sat down in the truck.

Topper continued to panic, as he drove away from the police car following them. Rory turned around, seeing a familiar motorbike driving quickly towards them. Topper looked through his side mirror worriedly, "We've got somebody on us."

Sarah informed, "That's JJ and Kie."

Rory rolled down the back window, realising what his brother was trying to accomplish. He'd always talked about insane car chases, but she never knew he was actually going to pull one off. Rory yelled to her brother, "JJ! Get closer!"

Topper spluttered, "What's... What's he doing?"

"Just keep driving straight." Rory demeaned, as she slowly climbed out of the back window. Ignoring Sarah's calls, Rory crawled onto the truck bed, as she kneeled down on the box containing the cross.