30. The Montenegro Messenger

The Montenegro Messenger

"Major Tom to Ground Control. Our suspect leaves the embassy, on foot. He enters the park now. He seems nervous. Should I leave my eagle's nest and follow him?", reported #5, The Runner. She tried to stay cool, but the importance of this mission pushed her adrenalin to unexpected levels.

#1, The Boss, stayed calm: "Stay where you are, #5. We've planned this ahead. Can you see him already, #3?"

"He's nervous as a tax inspector in front of a FIFA building, indeed. He's looking everywhere but doesn't see me behind my newspaper. Now, he's moving in your direction, #4."

#4, The Agent, took over: "I have a visual. He's at the gate now. The guards stop him. He shows some papers and points at the building. One of the guards goes inside... It's okay, they let him enter. Should I shoot him? From my rooftop, I have a clear shot now."

The Boss gives his orders: "Don't shoot. He's just the messenger. Let's wait for their next move."

#3, The Diplomat, was the first to move; he lifted his hand to the waiter and pointed at his empty cup, which urgently needed a refill.

When the coffee arrived, The Agent reported: "We have action here. Our man has just left the building. He's riding a bicycle now."

The Diplomat hid behind his steaming coffee and waited: "There he comes. He's kicking the pedals like a seven-times winner of the Tour de France, running from doping control. You might see him any second now, #5."

"He's going in. Should I interfere?", #5, The Runner reported.

"No. Not yet. We better be patient. Wait until the taxi arrives.", #1, The Boss, answered.

"I don't see any taxi, just a donkey, parked in front of the door. That's probably what our man was waiting for, as he comes out of the building now, runs to the donkey, jumps on his back and... The donkey doesn't move. He gets off, takes a carrot from his inner pocket, feeds it to the donkey now... Okay, they seem to have a deal. Our man hops on and they're on their way. Do you see them, #3?"

Through the foam of a big glass of cold beer, The Diplomat saw the happy couple gallop through the park: "He's kicking ass to get as fast as possible into your zone, #3. Do you copy?"

The Agent reported back: "The ass that's being kicked isn't allowed to pass the guards, but our man can go in without any problem. Still no licence to kill, Boss?"

"Not yet. I have more experience in this business than all of you together. This game has just started. It won't take long before he comes out again. Am I right?", The Boss answered.

The Agent confirmed: "You're right, #1. He runs, passes the guards and enters the bus. Line number 12. He takes the right seat in the front row. Do you see him, #3?"

The Diplomat, well hidden behind a glass of red wine, saw the bus pass: "Does the bus stop in front of you, #5? Or does he ride on?"

"Our man points a gun at the bus driver and makes him stop. He jumps out and runs inside. I can't stop him, #1. With the bus parked in front of the door, the building is protected like the goal of Man United after scoring 1 – 0. Do you want me to leave a package with a bomb next to the door, so you can detonate it when he comes out?"

The Boss overruled the idea: "No need for that. We have a better idea. Do you have the satellite in position, #2?"

"Beaming up right now, #1. You should have a visual on your spiPhone in three, two, one...", said #2, The Nerd, from behind his fifteen computer terminals in his secret dungeon under an unidentified building somewhere in Luxembourg.